• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
With the recent spike in the 10-year bond price, I was curious if folks in the mortgage business have seen any changes in lock in rates / applications over the last few weeks? The ten year has spiking considerably recently thanks to a heavy sell off. I read in an aritcle that Jumbos were pushing 8%. Any truth to that?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124346921018160569.html

Last edited:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
I am bailing in the stock market. Rates climbing is not good. High bond rates give too much competition to stocks, and the bond supply is just beginning. Plus the turmoil in Pakistan is very scary. North Korea, Iran and Pakistan......ugh !!!

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
Market is having a monster rally that has to end soon. Oil up, bonds up, housing numbers bad, job numbers bad, too many volatile situations in the Middle East, etc...

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
The second biggest rally since the stock mkt was founded in the 1800's. Yet the news is horrid and gets worse by the day. Constreet has sucked greedy desperate people back in the game yet again to rip them

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Here's a good article explaining the market manipulation involved.
Manipulation: How Markets Really Work
If you don't believe that, look at the trading on Friday. Flat all day long and jumps 100 points 10 minutes before the close. Why would people do that kind of volume 10 minutes before a weekend? Makes no sense.

Excerpt from article:
"artificially inflating the price...through promotion, in order to sell at the inflated price," :roll: gee, where have I heard of that process before??

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I checked jumbo rates last night and were in the 6's. Of course, it depends on loan amount, but I checked up to $2MM. Most programs will only go to 65% at this loan amount, however.

Seems like market makers would get it on this manipulation as well??

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I thought you might come out of the woodwork for this thread.

apiper.gif

akiltie.gif

Last edited: