• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Or post your rates, and let clients post references for you!

I would love to see some good, informative posts about housekeepers.

We have a three bedroom, two bath house and I've hired someone to help me get ready for guests a couple of times. I've been charged rates of $200 of 4-5 hours of work, no laundry done, tile floors mopped with lemon oil, bad results blamed on my organic cleaning products, and it's never been worth the half the money. At our old house, a teenage girl who'd never cleaned houses before did the guest clean with me, and in four hours managed to help me clean the whole house in half the time, plus run errands. Too bad she didn't want to make a career of it.

The other night, I heard a couple of teenage boys talking about their $10 an hour jobs and tried to recruit one to be my laundry boy for better pay and better hours. Oddly, he didn't seem interested.

I wouldn't think $15-$20 an hour would be a bad gig for someone. How many places around here pay that?! An extra couple hundred dollars a month for a half a days work once a week!

Anywho, I am not interested in paying almost $100 for someone to spend 2 hours or less cleaning which has been a past experience.

Come on good cleaning person! We are looking for you. Work is calling your name :eek:)

Or post your rates, and let clients post references for you!

I would love to see some good, informative posts about housekeepers.

We have a three bedroom, two bath house and I've hired someone to help me get ready for guests a couple of times. I've been charged rates of $200 of 4-5 hours of work, no laundry done, tile floors mopped with lemon oil, bad results blamed on my organic cleaning products, and it's never been worth the half the money. At our old house, a teenage girl who'd never cleaned houses before did the guest clean with me, and in four hours managed to help me clean the whole house in half the time, plus run errands. Too bad she didn't want to make a career of it.

The other night, I heard a couple of teenage boys talking about their $10 an hour jobs and tried to recruit one to be my laundry boy for better pay and better hours. Oddly, he didn't seem interested.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I would love to see this too. I have been disappointed so many times. I would love to have someone come in and do the kitchen, bathrooms, and floors.

I can take out the trash, make the beds, and dust myself...but, no one seems to want to do the heavier stuff--or if they do, they charge much too much for what I have gotten.

I admit I was spoiled by a wonderful housekeeper in Tallahassee. She had been the head housekeeper in a beautiful hotel in Washington DC for many years; once she retired, she only worked for a few people...she was so dedicated, and so thorough, and so concious of doing a good job. She was a jewel who took such good care of my son and me. Cora, we miss you!:sosad:

Hillman

Beach Crab
May 26, 2009
My girlfriend does some condo cleaning and said she would possibly be interested. Although Im not sure she is really used to cleaning fully lived in houses rather then beach homes or rentals. If you want you can send me an email at Hillman@madebymas.com to work out the details.

Last edited:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
. Although Im not sure she is really used to cleaning fully lived in houses rather then beach homes or rentals.

I think this may be the source of some of the difficulty I have had finding someone to clean the way I want...cleaning a lived in house is different than a rental unit.

Housekeeping

I recommend Reba Ross. She's just moved back to the area and has several local houses she attended to and has been rehired because she is so thorough. Great references. I have a small house and the charge is $120. She does all the laundry, bathrooms, floors etc. and is completely trustworthy. Her husband, Roy, does outside work and he's finishing up re-staining my outside decks now. Call her at 1-505-414-9889

I am searching for someone to clean a 3 bedroom 2 bath house, once a week.

Normal cleaning, picking up, minimal laundry (sheets and such)

Please PM me your rates and references.

Thanks!!!

property services

Beach Comber
May 23, 2009
Panama City Beach, FL
House Cleaning

Hi,
I would love to do your house cleaning!

We are a family business with excellent references from light landscaping, powerwashing and rental and residential cleaning.

Without seeing your home, I would guestimate around $100 TO $150.00 a week depending on the size. Maybe less,depending on what exactly you want done.

Im new at this So-Wal website, so if you can please email me at realtee@knology.net or just call (850) 249-4988

I am available in the a.m. (friday) to come by and take a look.

Thank you
Hope to hear from you soon.

B&B Property Services
Licensed and Bonded
Teresa Borges

Natural Clean

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2008
Just be careful hiring someone who is not licensed, insured, or paid under the table. There are many ways for an inexperienced cleaner to do a great deal of damage to your home. Some cleaning products will ruin marble, granite, carpet, etc.. If that cleaner is uninsured or paid under the table, you may not have much of a recourse in recovering your damages. In addition, you essentially become their employer if they are unlicensed, and you will be responsible for paying certain taxes, insurances, etc.. If they hurt themselves on your property they may sue you, especially if they are using your chemicals. There are plenty of horror stories out there.

The $200 for 5 hours is ball park for professional companies, because of costs involved in running a legitimate business. Will something bad definitely happen if you pay someone off the street and under the table? No, not definitely, just be informed with your decision to hire a cleaner.

There will always be trunk slammers and low ballers around, but you often get what you pay for, either in quality, risk, dependability, or all of the above.

There are a few legitimate cleaning companies that come on this board. Go with one of us who is doing the right thing.

property services

Beach Comber
May 23, 2009
Panama City Beach, FL
House Cleaning

Hi, I would love to give you a quote, how big is your home? The normal rate is between $100-150 I do a very thorough job, I do just a one rental, and one home that is lived in full-time. WE are family runned and operated, are reliable,honest, and good at what we do. Give us a chance , you wont be sorry. WE are trying to make a living, not a fast buck. We are looking to pick up[ just one or two more homes. Thank You for your consideration.
Teresa Borges (850) 249-4988

I am searching for someone to clean a 3 bedroom 2 bath house, once a week.

Normal cleaning, picking up, minimal laundry (sheets and such)

Please PM me your rates and references.

Thanks!!!