• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Any info or ideas would be greatly APPRECIATED.....

2 Trek bikes were stolen Saturday night/early Sunday morning on No. Ryan St. in Summer's Edge/Seagrove.

One is a TREK Mountain Bike Black & Gray.

The other is a TREK 7.1 Gray.

Friends of ours are renting here & are just heartsick this morning....one of these bikes is their 12 year old sons....he worked and saved to buy that bike!!

Any ideas from anyone as to where they might look:dunno:? They have of course already reported to Walton County Sheriff. You guys are always so resourceful.

So mad & sad:pissed:....and not very comforting knowing we had a thief on our street during the night!

Thanks for any help!

PK

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Could they have been "borrowed" by other renters?

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
My daughter's bike was stolen or perhaps mistakenly "borrowed" from the bike rack near Sundog Books during Spring Break. We drove around in hopes of spotting it, but no luck. We will invest in bike locks next time. The bike itself was not a huge loss but the timing was bad, and I just didn't expect theft to happen there... disheartening.

Lake Eastern

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2005
Walton County
You might consider telling the various bike rental companies that these are missing so they could be on the lookout as they deliver and pickup their own bikes around the area. I know Kevin at Big Fish would be glad to assist in that way.

some colleges allow you to register your bikes and they use a machine to imprint the reg number on that round thing where the pedals go through the frame. Some places have decals that you can attach. It could be that the time has come for the WCSD to offer some type of registration.

Beauty hunter

Beach Fanatic
May 3, 2009
Have had 6 bikes stolen in last 2 years on 30a- we have locks now.

njackie

Beach Lover
Nov 18, 2004
This makes me remember, although your friend's lost was greater, when our beach wagon and toys were stolen last June. Folks who take from children have to be over the edge wrong.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Thanks for the ideas.....most likely these bikes are long gone.....just be sure and lock yours up if it has any value.

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
Totally unrelated, PK305, but that's a great profile photo.

I agree with Tree Frog. That yellow house across Eastern Lake has long been such a pretty sight to me, but mostly I just love Eastern Lake.

So sorry about the bicycles. Hate to hear that thieves are invading the area. :bang:

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
thanks

I agree with Tree Frog. That yellow house across Eastern Lake has long been such a pretty sight to me, but mostly I just love Eastern Lake.

So sorry about the bicycles. Hate to hear that thieves are invading the area. :bang:

Thanks ThirtyAGal & Tree Frog....I really should update avatar, but it is a favorite!

The lessons learned are (1) write down serial number on bike (2) lock 'em up!!

Will be interesting to take a look thru the "sheriff's bicycle graveyard" to see if they happen to be there....maybe abandoned! First need to find those serial numbers to claim!! A tough lesson for sure!