• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

njackie

Beach Lover
Nov 18, 2004
A little way off the subject, but is the Whale's Tail open after the fire? We are heading down tomorrow.

TableFiveChef

Beach Lover
Oct 24, 2006
Miramar Beach
The Whale's Tail is currently being reconstructed after lightning hit the building in March of this year. The lightning ignited the building like kindling. The Whale's Tail will be back. The place is too lucrative not to.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
I think they hoped to have it open by July but from the looks of their progress I would say more like this fall.

Walmart50

Beach Comber
May 11, 2009
there wasnt any lightning at whales tail.. it was an electrical shortage...

And i wonder what tax we are going to see now to fix the parking lot.

Creeklover

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2007
I think the county should partner with the restraunt for video to watch the parking lot so when something happens like the beer truck or coke truck not following the signs and parking on it they can pay for the repairs. A big truck moving over the new parking structure can cause it to do just that. it takes years for it to dry.

I also hope the county MAKES the Whale's Tail (Sea Scape) to put in parking for ALL of their customers and quit letting them park on the sides of the road in front of the NO Parking signs.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
How was Whale's Tail a loss? That place was disgusting and a total tourist trap.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I think the county should partner with the restraunt for video to watch the parking lot so when something happens like the beer truck or coke truck not following the signs and parking on it they can pay for the repairs. A big truck moving over the new parking structure can cause it to do just that. it takes years for it to dry.

I also hope the county MAKES the Whale's Tail (Sea Scape) to put in parking for ALL of their customers and quit letting them park on the sides of the road in front of the NO Parking signs.

Not going to happen if they build it back in the same footprint, they will make them comply with very few new laws.

I thought all of that beach had new public sand placed on it. Today you could not get to the water due to all the vendors blocking the way. So are we funding public beach renourishment or what?