• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
Aggie, the dog sure has made a difference in the way I feel. I no longer think about all the things anymore that had me in such a nervous, anxious state, having him around helps.
just take barney, barney needs you and you need barney.

wracso

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2007
Through the years I have rescued 2 dogs that have had heartworms. It's very expensive ($400-600 depending on severity) and time consuming with the rehabiliation during the treatment. Please get him to the vet - it is a very painful for an animal to die.

SneakyPete

Beach Lover
May 8, 2009
Is is the cost he's worried about? Or is he just an arse? I'm hoping it's PRIMARILY cost!

I order my generic Heartguard (Ivermectin tablets) online from Australia. It's only around $40 for a whole year's supply -- and that's for large dog. For my smaller dogs, I order the large size and split the tablets, so treating them is only $20 each for the year. I also order all flea medication online from an overseas supplier as well. Before ordering, make sure the company has been in business for a while and look for online reviews. I've ordered for years from petshed.com and pets-megastore.com.au.

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Do the right thing !!!!!!

Since when as caring pet owners do we need permission from idiots, sorry I know he's your son, but non the less, to do the right thing for neglected animals. By not having your dog fully vaccinated and protected from heart Worms, is neglect no matter how you spell it. Why all this drama about .Just take the dog to a Vet and do for the dog what your son won't. And Bless you for being the kind and caring person that you are.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
Since when as caring pet owners do we need permission from idiots, sorry I know he's your son, but non the less, to do the right thing for neglected animals. By not having your dog fully vaccinated and protected from heart Worms, is neglect no matter how you spell it. Why all this drama about .Just take the dog to a Vet and do for the dog what your son won't. And Bless you for being the kind and caring person that you are.
i'm sure lady d has taken care of the matter.

maxman

Beach Comber
Mar 11, 2009
Destin/Sandestin/Miramar Beach
I don't know where to start. First go to the Vet, Kindness Pet Hospital in Snt Rosa Bch 267-3955 are my vets, they are great. A quick blood test will let you know if the dog has heartworm, hope not. Apply flea and tick medicine once a month,if you have alot of grass then every 3 weeks. You can get this medicine at Petsmart. Take it upon yourself and do it, that way you wont have the stress of what might happen to the dog under your son's care. From all the comments you've read here you can tell that there are alot of dog lovers here, and right now not too happy with your son. Hope things work out for you, any more help we can offer pls ask. Don't stress, just do what you think is right.
I am trying to keep mosquitoes from getting him, the best way I know of. Just trying to look out for the best interest of the dog and keep him safe. I've mentioned this to my son for several weeks now, to ask his wife about it, and he mentioned it to her. I've probably only used it on him 3 or 4 times here at the house. I am going to Petco later and see if they have something safe for a dog. I am sure they do. I did talk with her a few minutes ago and she says she spoke with the vet and he said it was not necessary for as little time as he spends outside.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
FAQ about buying vet meds online, from the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Assoc) I have posted this before~

Internet Pharmacies FAQ

Internet Pharmacies

Be careful. I can't imagine buying prescription meds for my family without a prescription or the proper tests associated with them, so why do people do this for their animals? Some vets will provide a prescription as long as it is used at an online pharmacy that is reputable.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
FAQ about buying vet meds online, from the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Assoc) I have posted this before~

Internet Pharmacies FAQ

Internet Pharmacies

Be careful. I can't imagine buying prescription meds for my family without a prescription or the proper tests associated with them, so why do people do this for their animals? Some vets will provide a prescription as long as it is used at an online pharmacy that is reputable.

exactly. My vet won't allow us to order online or she would drop us as patients. I figure it's not worth saving the $10 - $20. At least I know I can trust my vet.