• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We have not had our garbage picked up on our regular pickup day 3 days in a row- so problems started about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I called Waste Management today, and there has not been a change of pickup days, and she also was supposed to get somebody by to pick up our garbage today (our regular day).

It is still at the curb, and I guess it will have to be brought back to the garage so critters and the neighborhood dogs (owned by people who don't follow leash laws) can't drag it all over the yard.:bang:

Anybody else having problems? We are off E. Point Washington~

barefootguy

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
They came today, a day late. Last week they either came late or missed one of the days, but I can't remember. I was wondering if they changed the schedule. I'm in Driftwood Estates.

firemanjimg

Beach Comber
Jul 26, 2008
I'm off E. Nursery, they missed Tuesday last week and were late this Tuesday.

Last edited:

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
I'm out in Point Washington past Bay Elementary and I have been forgotten today.

Last Saturday they came about 3:30pm, but I'd assumed it was due to the tremendous amount of trash from a holiday weekend.

Since I put the trash out before midnight as they requested, its nearly impossible to keep the highly sophisticated double-teamed raccoons out of it, even with a pair of lit dynamite sticks attached to the locks, I swear.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Waste Management's # is (850) 862-7141- everybody call tomorrow!

I called today and was told the schedule had not changed, but my problem would be fixed- today. (It wasn't) It almost sounds like the entire area got new drivers, routes, something! Arghh!

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
according to Robert in Post #26 of the Recycling thread:

"I believe Commissioner Larry Jones works for Waste Management now..."
you might want to give him a call too.

doxiegirl

Beach Comber
Nov 13, 2006
according to Robert in Post #26 of the Recycling thread:

"I believe Commissioner Larry Jones works for Waste Management now..."
you might want to give him a call too.

Call your commissioner and let them know too.

Sand Angel

Beach Lover
Mar 28, 2008
My trash off E. Pt. Washington was not picked up today either. We have been missed a few times recently as well.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
So if we forgot to take the trash up to the corner last night, there's a chance we could haul it up there tonight and it might get picked up tomorrow?

Or get strewn all over my cousin's green green grass waiting for Saturday?