• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Great video, thanks for sharing. As an ex-diver I can truly appreciate your passion.

Have you thought about using an anchor?

Funny. Yes, an anchor seems like snorkeling 101, I know. I do have several anchors. But I pull the boat around with me so it has always seemed more practical to do it the way I was, with the rope.

On days that it is not windy, I simply use my hand and swim around, holding my kayak, and when I submerse myself, I simply let the kayak drift a short distance, if at all.

But obviously on the day I went out, letting it drift was not an option. Btw, I consider your compliment pretty nice considering you are an ex-diver. I wondered if people with a lot of experience would be able to appreciate something of a basic nature. But yes, the passion is there.

I've always dreamed of diving, but my sinuses are an issue. I know you can acclimate, to a degree, as you go down. We'll see. My brother dives, and on a duel whatchamacallit, I breathed off his tank with him and went down. I felt like my lungs were about to explode so I surfaced. Someone told me maybe I was not breathing out fully. Dunno. But I will dive again. There is just too much down there to explore.

I've snorkeled coral before, but I'd really like to get down into the caves that exist in the springs. I've free dived down into them before, but only ones in shallow water and ones clear and open, and not a risk. I take caves seriously.

In closing, I'm glad you liked the video, again, especially because of your diving background.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
I went out a bit ago to the second sandbar and it was a nice visit again. Grass exists closer to shore and I swam through some pretty congested area, but out on the second sandbar it was free of the grass.

Rather than utilize my kayak to get me there, I did it the old fashion way, before I had a water craft to get me there. Not to laborious, but it would have been nice to have something to hold onto and paddle back when fatigue overtook me.

But fins are a must to embark on such an adventure. At least for added safety and for someone who no longer possesses eighteen year old lungs and body ;)

I don't have the need to collect sanddollars, but it is nice to pick up a few from out there and deliver them to the kiddies onshore. They may remember that. Heck, in 20 or 30 years they may still have it and remember the nice person who handed it to them on the beach that day. Don't know, but it's a nice thought.

Btw, green flag today and beautiful outside. Enjoy!

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Yesterday I went out and saw a ray jump out of the water approximately 7 or 8 times, flapping its wings in teh jump. It was not a big one, but it was impressive non-the-less.

I also say some little thingies out in the water and the beach umbrella guy said they were washing up on the beach and called them, 'beach monkeys'. I'd never seen or heard of them before.

But my kiddies are coming tomorrow so maybe I'll have them, or one of them out with me soon :)