• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Chris's first wife killed in a car accident was Seasun. (Chris was driving then too).....I can't think of anything more tragic than this accident and the horror that Chris and family are going through. Chris had serious debilitating leg injuries from the first wreck and was in a wheelchair for a LONG time (a drunk driver hit them).

Tears, prayers and hugs going their way...not just now, but for a long time. Any thoughts on what we can do as a community to help Chris and his family???

Sorry for the mistake on the name. I remember when the first accident happened and this is unimaginable.

steyou

Beach Fanatic
Feb 20, 2007
Walton County
How about a Sowal Community pot luck dinner with a cover charge, say $10 per person. Maybe some musicians can donate some time for the occassion and make the occassion a celebration of life and community out pouring.

Perhaps a silent auction as well???? Or get Tom Stein to help us with a live auction...he's very entertaining and can bring in some bucks.

I'm on a roll here....you're thoughts are appreciated.

I am in for this. I wish I had time to help plan/organize but I do not. I will come if something is organized. My family and I pray everyday together and we will include Chris and his kids in our prayers. Tough situation.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Would this be the same Chris Carter who went to Bay School when I was a Chapter One aide there? That was in the mid-1980s, I am too distraught to even do the math right now.

Susan it probably was......he was a cute tow headed kid....he's still cute and tow headed. His parent are Cherry and Cecil, Cecil recently deceased with his 2nd wife in a car accident a few months ago.

Last edited:

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
This is so unbelievably sad. I don't know Chris or his family, but I know the power of a community that rallies in support of one of its own. I'll help out however I can.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
If you guys want to do a bbq plate fundraiser I have a huge grill. I'll be glad to donate my time to cooking pork butts.Just let me know.Dean-

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
There aren't words for how unfair this is. :cry:
I would also donate a portrait session with album for an auction if someone puts something together.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Ok...let's do it! I need help....volunteers please??!!!!!!!! Need a place to have it, a date, coordination, etc. Informal committee of sorts.....please step up and show this family what Sowal is all about. Ideas are appreciated, and so are people. PM me or call me.....585-7353.....Donna

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Ok...let's do it! I need help....volunteers please??!!!!!!!! Need a place to have it, a date, coordination, etc. Informal committee of sorts.....please step up and show this family what Sowal is all about. Ideas are appreciated, and so are people. PM me or call me.....585-7353.....Donna

You know I'm in, my volunteer services are at your disposal, D-Ma. My heart is breaking for Chris and his family. Whatever I can do...
Posted via Mobile Device