• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Well, I'm probably to late to help, (just joined sowal) but in the future if you need help, I work with GM Appliance, and we carry and repair most every brand. (inluding Sub Z, Wolf, etc...) Keep us in mind!
Thanks!
Margaret
Haven't gotten around to doing anything about appliances yet. The Sub-Zero is still hangin' in there (as of 5 minutes ago :lol:).

We bought all of our appliances at our house in Seagrove from GM, plus GM does our service whenever a renter pulls off the dishwasher door, jams a cooler into the ice dispenser and breaks it, etc. :bang:

Good idea. When we get around to it, we'll get prices from GM. :wave:

Miss Kitty went with Jenn-Air, not Sub-Zero. I think I'll look at those.

Do any of you have a Whirlpool washer? About 10 years ago we got a new one. It ripped stuff up. I was told that I was overloading it. So I made sure I didn't do that. It still ripped stuff up. Someone at Whirlpool said that the problem was that the motor was too aggressive and that I should wash everything on delicate. But things don't get clean enough on delicate. The dealer gave us a new one, but the new one tears things up, including towels. So I put anything I really care about in a mesh bag. :bang:I hear that KitchenAid and Whirlpool are both made by Whirlpool, so I think I will steer clear of them.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Just got a Bosch front-loading washer, and am pretty pleased so far. It's pretty gentle on clothes, that's one of the first things I noticed. Uses less water, is super quiet, and costs about what a good top loader does - $700.

We had a Maytag, which, as it turns out, was made in Mexico or China or somewhere. The Bosch is made in the U.S. The Maytag was repaired twice in it's short life, and I wasn't about to do it again.

Don't get me started about JennAir ranges. The oven thermostat is clearly just a suggestion of what the oven temperature MIGHT be. Maybe.

Just got a Bosch front-loading washer, and am pretty pleased so far. It's pretty gentle on clothes, that's one of the first things I noticed. Uses less water, is super quiet, and costs about what a good top loader does - $700.

We had a Maytag, which, as it turns out, was made in Mexico or China or somewhere. The Bosch is made in the U.S. The Maytag was repaired twice in it's short life, and I wasn't about to do it again.

Don't get me started about JennAir ranges. The oven thermostat is clearly just a suggestion of what the oven temperature MIGHT be. Maybe.
How's the Bosch with regard to vibration? We have a Frigidaire at the beach. It vibrates and walks. :lol: Hubby fixed that by gluing down rubber furniture cups and putting the front legs in them. They work as long as the cleaning service or renters don't somehow get the legs out of the cups.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
How's the Bosch with regard to vibration? We have a Frigidaire at the beach. It vibrates and walks. :lol: Hubby fixed that by gluing down rubber furniture cups and putting the front legs in them. They work as long as the cleaning service or renters don't somehow get the legs out of the cups.

No vibration at all (I used to find the Maytag half-way to the opposite wall sometimes), even on a wood floor in a house on piers.

The guy from Lowe's who installed it actually ran it through a spin cycle after he levelled it, to be sure that it was truly correct.

Now, I don't know how well it would STAY in balance with renters/cleaners banging the daylights out of it, but in normal use mine has stayed balanced, and truly makes no noise when it spins.

slcooper1949

Beach Lover
Aug 27, 2007
Missing SoWal

Yep been very busy here in the BIG D!! I was hoping to get back to Sowal this summer for good, but I have a brand new grandaughter that I just can't leave, came to Dallas from Sowal to be closer to grandsons, and now new granddaughter, so will be here at least one more year. I so hope to get back to Sowal by next May! Who knows maybe I will finally meet that great COWBOY, HA! Miss you all at Watersound Beach Club. Take Good Care.

Margaret

Beach Comber
Jun 4, 2009
Haven't gotten around to doing anything about appliances yet. The Sub-Zero is still hangin' in there (as of 5 minutes ago :lol:).

We bought all of our appliances at our house in Seagrove from GM, plus GM does our service whenever a renter pulls off the dishwasher door, jams a cooler into the ice dispenser and breaks it, etc. :bang:

Good idea. When we get around to it, we'll get prices from GM. :wave:

Funny...renters...they manage to destroy pretty much everything!
Thanks for keeping us in mind!
margaret/gm appliance

champagne gifts

Beach Crab
Aug 25, 2009
www.giftsdirect.com
Shopping

Gifts are very special in our memories for all our life,it show much of love and affection that we have towards our loved one,so my request is to present a gift by doing more shopping,to know more about gifts ideas visit
our site and consult us as soon as possible.