• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

A_South_Waltoner

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2009
I was asked to post this for Patty's family. So sad. :cry:

"Patricia Ann Nilan, 49, of Santa Rosa Beach, FL, left this world on Monday, June 8, 2009. Her friends and family will gather for a memorial service on Sunday, June 14, at 7:00 a.m., along Grayton Beach, a place that gave her tremendous peace.

Patty lived in Santa Rosa Beach for the past 10 years, and was owner-operator of "Beach Eats," a gourmet deli. She found her niche in culinary ventures and delighted in preparing and serving delicious meals to her friends. She enjoyed the beach and the laid-back lifestyle of this area.

She is survived by her mother, Eleanor Nilan, of Stone Mountain, GA, sisters Diane Nilan of Lisle, IL; Sue Wanzer (Chuck) of Blowing Rock, NC; brothers Michael (Ann) and Christopher (Colleen) of Atlanta, GA; and nieces Christen and McKenna; and nephews William, Christopher, Drew, Patrick, Michael, Taylor and Keller. Bill Nilan, Patty's father, preceded her in death in October 2008.

Her 2 beloved rescue dogs, Schmoozer and Tigger were by her side all the way to the end.

The family requests no flowers. Memorials may be made to HEAR US Inc. (Hear Us : Ending Homlessness), Diane's nonprofit organization that helps homeless families."

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Oh I am so sorry for Patty's family. We loved Beach Eats (were just talking about it the other day), and I enjoyed running into Patty and her dog here and there after Beach Eats closed.

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009
I also knew patty and she was indeed a great lady. We live in the same neighborhood and i saw her everyday. Saw her at beach eats and on the beach constantly. Ill miss that for sure.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:sosad: Was so sorry to hear this....always hard when it's someone in the community. Was always running into her in Grayton. Prayers for her family and friends.

Beauty hunter

Beach Fanatic
May 3, 2009
I am sorry to hear this- many prayers for healing for her families hearts. :love:

CK1

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2007
Patty Nilan

I just read in the Sun that Patty passed away on Monday. Her memorial service will be on Sunday the 14th @ 7am. Does anyone know what happened?

CK1

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2007
I was asked to post this for Patty's family. So sad. :cry:

"Patricia Ann Nilan, 49, of Santa Rosa Beach, FL, left this world on Monday, June 8, 2009. Her friends and family will gather for a memorial service on Sunday, June 14, at 7:00 a.m., along Grayton Beach, a place that gave her tremendous peace.

Patty lived in Santa Rosa Beach for the past 10 years, and was owner-operator of "Beach Eats," a gourmet deli. She found her niche in culinary ventures and delighted in preparing and serving delicious meals to her friends. She enjoyed the beach and the laid-back lifestyle of this area.

She is survived by her mother, Eleanor Nilan, of Stone Mountain, GA, sisters Diane Nilan of Lisle, IL; Sue Wanzer (Chuck) of Blowing Rock, NC; brothers Michael (Ann) and Christopher (Colleen) of Atlanta, GA; and nieces Christen and McKenna; and nephews William, Christopher, Drew, Patrick, Michael, Taylor and Keller. Bill Nilan, Patty's father, preceded her in death in October 2008.

Her 2 beloved rescue dogs, Schmoozer and Tigger were by her side all the way to the end.

The family requests no flowers. Memorials may be made to HEAR US Inc. (Hear Us : Ending Homlessness), Diane's nonprofit organization that helps homeless families."

Are you sure its @ 7am and not 7pm?