• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pmh07

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2008
Freeport
I think Alaqua has a good reputation, but I don't know if they are Kill or No Kill. I'm sure someone here knows......and, keep bumping the thread so people will see that you need help!

According to their website it is no kill. Glad to hear they have a good reputation. I just am not sure that's what I want to do. I really want to place them with a family or take them and find a family where we are going. Thanks for replying!!

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I think the family was on the road today. Maybe they'll pop in and give us an update. Sounds like it was truly a hardship and I hope all fares well for the family and the dogs!!

SneakyPete

Beach Lover
May 8, 2009
I hope that they find homes for these babies. I also hope that they fully realize the responsibility of pet ownership and do not take on any more pets in the near future.

Furthermore, ALL pets should be spayed/neutered even if they are "purebred" unless you are a world-class breeder with a complete understanding of breeding-to-standard for your breed. I've got some awesome dogs (two purebred from rescue), and yet they're all fixed because there are far too many dogs and far too few homes -- and because what do I know about breeding dogs??? I volunteered for years at a high-kill shelter where I witnessed thousands of adoptable dogs and cats being put down simply because there were too many. I fostered, adopted and kept as many as I could, but in the end the numbers catch up with you.

I DO understand circumstances forcing the re-homing of a pet. I also know that I'd have to be homeless and toothless before my own pets would be rehomed. Tent anyone? I'd be there.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I hope that they find homes for these babies. I also hope that they fully realize the responsibility of pet ownership and do not take on any more pets in the near future.

Furthermore, ALL pets should be spayed/neutered even if they are "purebred" unless you are a world-class breeder with a complete understanding of breeding-to-standard for your breed. I've got some awesome dogs (two purebred from rescue), and yet they're all fixed because there are far too many dogs and far too few homes -- and because what do I know about breeding dogs??? I volunteered for years at a high-kill shelter where I witnessed thousands of adoptable dogs and cats being put down simply because there were too many. I fostered, adopted and kept as many as I could, but in the end the numbers catch up with you.

I DO understand circumstances forcing the re-homing of a pet. I also know that I'd have to be homeless and toothless before my own pets would be rehomed. Tent anyone? I'd be there.

I agree with everything you have stated!