• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

surfdog

Beach Comber
Sep 12, 2006
i had the blessing of spending several months, side by side with patty, five days a week and from the first day i knew i was in the company of someone special. her smile and spirit carrried me through times that would have been impossible without her. her smile, her wit, humour,and above all ,class is something that made patty....patty. what a great friend, what a great person.........sympathy to all... this is a sad day.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
wasnt but a few days. (week or so??) that we blocked traffic in the Publix parking lot, laughing about "stuff" . Worked with this amazing woman for a short (too short!) time and she will be sorely missed.
" Long laughs and cold beers on the beach to you Patty! On more sunrise on the beach coming your way. Although i know you will be there with us for many more to come."

dianeNilan

Beach Crab
Jun 12, 2009
Thanks for all the expressions of sympathy.

Patty loved mornings at the beach so we decided to hold a simple memorial service there tomorrow (Sunday, 6/15) morning at 7 at Grayton Beach.

Patty spoke fondly of her friends in SoWal and loved living here. Thanks for the kindness shown to her while she was here. Tremendous appreciation to Sue J, Olivier, Lyle and others who helped us through this sad chapter.

Diane and the Nilan family

CK1

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2007
Thanks for all the expressions of sympathy.

Patty loved mornings at the beach so we decided to hold a simple memorial service there tomorrow (Sunday, 6/15) morning at 7 at Grayton Beach.

Patty spoke fondly of her friends in SoWal and loved living here. Thanks for the kindness shown to her while she was here. Tremendous appreciation to Sue J, Olivier, Lyle and others who helped us through this sad chapter.

Diane and the Nilan family

Thanks to Diane and the rest of the family for putting the memorial together this morning. Patty was a great friend and I will miss her, especially when it comes time for some Gator football.

Sande

Beach Crab
Jun 16, 2009
Patty

I just heard about Patty's passing last night. I spoke with Patty a few weeks ago and as per usaul she kept me laughing the whole phone conversation! My heart goes out to Patty's family and I know we, her friends, will miss her greatly.
Sande Thomas
AccountingnowFL.com

I was asked to post this for Patty's family. So sad. :cry:

"Patricia Ann Nilan, 49, of Santa Rosa Beach, FL, left this world on Monday, June 8, 2009. Her friends and family will gather for a memorial service on Sunday, June 14, at 7:00 a.m., along Grayton Beach, a place that gave her tremendous peace.

Patty lived in Santa Rosa Beach for the past 10 years, and was owner-operator of "Beach Eats," a gourmet deli. She found her niche in culinary ventures and delighted in preparing and serving delicious meals to her friends. She enjoyed the beach and the laid-back lifestyle of this area.

She is survived by her mother, Eleanor Nilan, of Stone Mountain, GA, sisters Diane Nilan of Lisle, IL; Sue Wanzer (Chuck) of Blowing Rock, NC; brothers Michael (Ann) and Christopher (Colleen) of Atlanta, GA; and nieces Christen and McKenna; and nephews William, Christopher, Drew, Patrick, Michael, Taylor and Keller. Bill Nilan, Patty's father, preceded her in death in October 2008.

Her 2 beloved rescue dogs, Schmoozer and Tigger were by her side all the way to the end.

The family requests no flowers. Memorials may be made to HEAR US Inc. (Hear Us : Ending Homlessness), Diane's nonprofit organization that helps homeless families."