• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

RepComic

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2007
posterthebookoflizweb.jpg

Tickets: $24 Guests / $20 Members / $27 At the Door

By the Talent Family (David & Amy Sedaris)
Directed by Craige Hoover

Sister Elizabeth Donderstock is Squeamish, has been her whole life. She makes cheese balls (traditional and smoky) that sustain the existence of her entire religious community, Clusterhaven. However, she feels unappreciated among her Squeamish brethren, and she decides to try her luck in the outside world. In this hilarious satire from the Talent Family, David and Amy Sedaris, no comic nugget goes un-mined, and no funny-butter goes unchurned.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I am ready for this one - it will be a blast I'm sure!

Here's a review I found but I edited out the middle so as not to be a spoiler.

It's a fairly simple recipe, really, but the ingredients are mighty hard to find: Take one of the funniest satirists around and combine him, synergistically, with his equally funny sister -- who is also a masterful clown, someone with the je ne sais qua of, say, Lucille Ball. Coax them to write a play. Add the satirist's boyfriend (who presumably understands the particular cadence of his humor as well or better than anyone else), and ask him not only to direct but also to design an especially sympatico set. Put the sister onstage with the best trio of sketch comedians money can't buy. Shake and bake.

That's the essence of The Book of Liz. David and Amy Sedaris, a.k.a. The Talent Family, have written 75 brilliant minutes of hysterical theater .... Comedy doesn't get much better than this.

....Fans of David's books will find the keen wit that makes them so appealing in abundance; lovers of Amy's "Strangers With Candy" will be equally satisfied. (I love both.)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
David and Amy Sedaris are always a good time. I have seen lots of people carrying around Sedaris' bestseller When You are Engulfed in Flames this summer.One gal told me that everyone stares at her when she is reading at the beach- lots of spontaneously erupting giggles.

I wish I had grown up as a member of The Talent Family!:lol:

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
Tonight's performance is SOLD OUT! Thank you SoWal, for your ongoing support of the Seaside Repertory Theatre!

Call the box office and request your reservations now folks, you do not want to miss this show, and tickets are hot, hot, hot! 850-231-0733.

Or you can purchase online by clicking HERE and click on the "Buy Tickets Now" button. If you are a REP member, please make sure you have your Patron ID ready, as you will need this to receive your member discount.

Be ready to laugh your you-know-what off!

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Some photos from the dress rehearsal yesterday.. Hop's been working on this beard for months... ;)

web.jpg
(*snort*)
can't wait! that beard on Hop better be fake!:rotfl::blink:

Sorry, Toots. It's real. We went swimming today and he had to braid it and wrap it up over his head like Heidi so that me and Cowboy didn't get caught in it like an old fishing net.