• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Emerald Coast Chapter Surfrider Foundation

Surfrider Foundation - Home Page

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Surfing_Day"]International Surfing Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Photos - Beaches of South Walton - 06/20/08

080620-intsurfday-004.jpg

Join us Saturday June 20th as the Surfrider Foundation celebrates International Surfing Day!

Our local Emerald Coast Chapter has an afternoon and evening of fun planned for anyone who loves the beach.

What: Beach Gathering and Bonfire
-Surfboard and SUP Demos (Sponsored by Surftech & YOLO)
-Beach clean-up and prizes (Sponsored by Surfrider)
-Kids Games (Sponsored by BlueMountainSurf.com)

Where: Ed Walline Park, Santa Rosa Beach

When: Saturday June 20th 4pm till…?

WHY IS INTERNATIONAL SURFING DAY ON JUNE 20? -June 20th is the Summer solstice (the longest day of summer) for the Northern Hemisphere. It is with ISD tradition that we pick the Summer solstice as the date we kick off our celebrations!
International Surfing Day is an annual worldwide celebration of surfing. A day to give thanks and go surfing, ISD organizers aim to raise awareness of the state of our oceans, waves and beaches and help protect and preserve these recreation areas. This year, Surfrider Foundation and industry friends and partners will commemorate the day by hosting events around the world, ranging from beach clean-ups to concerts and film showings.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
This will be a good time and hope to see some of you there. Last year we had it in Miramar area and the local support was unbelievable. Our hopes are to repeat the support on 30A. SurfRider Foundation does a lot of behind the scene work to help protect your beaches! See you there!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Last year there was a ton of promotion and SoWal.com was asked to be a part of it. This year I have seen or heard nothing. It just happened to pop into my head this AM and I checked the website thinking it was about the right time of year. No Madra this year?

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Last year there was a ton of promotion and SoWal.com was asked to be a part of it. This year I have seen or heard nothing. It just happened to pop into my head this AM and I checked the website thinking it was about the right time of year. No Madra this year?

We actually toned it down a bit this year as we were there so late last year. This year we are just chillin and hoping for the best. Hard to keep a bunch of Surfers very focused on a repeat performance. It will be a good/different time this year. I am sure Madra will be there but we did not bog here down either. :D

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
S.U.P.er SOCCER!

History was made with the first ever Stand Up Paddleboard Soccer Match at this year's Surfrider. A craze sure to sweep the globe in time for the next Olympics (or maybe later).

Bobby Johnson's young ORANJE team battled back against the speedy attack of Mike Sturdivant's MEAN GREENIES to officially end this first-ever, water-breaking event in a 1-1 tie.

Way to go Surfrider!! Thank you for the fun and great local event!

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
S.U.P.er SOCCER!

History was made with the first ever Stand Up Paddleboard Soccer Match at this year's Surfrider. A craze sure to sweep the globe in time for the next Olympics (or maybe later).

Bobby Johnson's young ORANJE team battled back against the speedy attack of Mike Sturdivant's MEAN GREENIES to officially end this first-ever, water-breaking event in a 1-1 tie.

Way to go Surfrider!! Thank you for the fun and great local event!

Thanks for coming out and it was much fun! I am a little sore this am and also feel we should discuss some of MEAN GREENIES rule changes as the match went on. They seem to make them up as they go. They tell me we had the current in our favor. I would like to establish clear rules before we are approached by the Olympic committee. This should be huge!:D