• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Please don't talk about moving to Costa Rica guys!! :cry: I am about to venture forth, leave all I have here, to move to your paradise. I want us to find solutions, I want to help. Tell me what I need to do to help educate others and do my part.

What does a citizen do? Do I take a garbage bag to the beach on every early morning walk and make it a litter patrol? What am I allowed to pick up legally?

I've been to Costa Rica - the grass is always greener on the other side. While I LOVED it - I love SoWal MORE!

G :cry:

Gidget you are an inspiration. Out of all the posts I find yours the most heart wrenching. Here is someone who is leaving all she loves and coming to this Paradise to make a new home. She is practically begging to help to make this work. And, she's asking how to do this the "legal way". YOU are my hero!!!

This is not "Whale Wars" with absolutely no one to stop the Japanese....this is the Emerald Coast of Florida, with Law Enforcement. Can we not give them a little credit??? They may not do all that everyone would like them to do, but we are fortunate to live where there is not a shootout in the neighborhood everynight.

Maybe we should put a confessional at each beach exit. Any volunteers?

Beanstalk

Beach Lover
Apr 12, 2009
I am sure you want to be law abiding and if you can wear the stuff as regular clothing then you should be reporting it or turning it back in when your service is through.
I was sitting reading your replies, as a newbie here I was set on keeping this comment to myself. But for some reason as I kept staring at your last reply I noticed your avatar. Now I can fully understand your replies on this thread! Anyone wanting to put a 3rd Bush in office needs to be tied to the tent when the CRAZED SLASHER comes at night !:bang: Sorry you just rubbed me the wrong way. Ash seems as others to be doing something they enjoy and at the same time they are helping save lives! (Turtles) But now knowing that you publicly support a family that would kill anything for money I understand your response!:pissed:

[/ANGER OFF]

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I was sitting reading your replies, as a newbie here I was set on keeping this comment to myself. But for some reason as I kept staring at your last reply I noticed your avatar. Now I can fully understand your replies on this thread! Anyone wanting to put a 3rd Bush in office needs to be tied to the tent when the CRAZED SLASHER comes at night !:bang: Sorry you just rubbed me the wrong way. Ash seems as others to be doing something they enjoy and at the same time they are helping save lives! (Turtles) But now knowing that you publicly support a family that would kill anything for money I understand your response!:pissed:

[/ANGER OFF]

I have always been told the younger turtles make the best soup.

Beanstalk

Beach Lover
Apr 12, 2009
I have always been told the younger turtles make the best soup.
With that mentality it wont be long before they are gone and the food value would be gone, Oh wait... The Bush Factor kicked in! They never worried about hunger here in this country, So there is some hope for you! :lolabove:

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
What makes you say that? I do not recall ever saying I hated the organization. They are doing a great job. But of course, they are being paid to a do a job and I expect nothing short of total excellence from all of my employees.

I am asking you to retract your statement.
I am not being paid to do this job, nor would I accept pay as I have indicated. It is a volunteer organization. I do this for a completely different reason that I surmise you do not understand. If I had to purchase the shirts to be able to represent this organization and walk the beaches for them, I wouldn't have hesitated.
Please contact Sharon as Kathydwells suggested. I speak of the things I know about this organization, but I am not a spokesperson for them.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Gidget you are an inspiration. Out of all the posts I find yours the most heart wrenching. Here is someone who is leaving all she loves and coming to this Paradise to make a new home. She is practically begging to help to make this work. And, she's asking how to do this the "legal way". YOU are my hero!!!

This is not "Whale Wars" with absolutely no one to stop the Japanese....this is the Emerald Coast of Florida, with Law Enforcement. Can we not give them a little credit??? They may not do all that everyone would like them to do, but we are fortunate to live where there is not a shootout in the neighborhood everynight.

Maybe we should put a confessional at each beach exit. Any volunteers?

Thanks you for reading my post. Everyone was bickering back and forth so much I didn't know if it was even read. :love:

I appreciate the thoughtful comments - I truly do.

I want everyone to COME TO A
CONSENSUS!!! It can't be that hard. To think that there is animosity towards each other on a forum about turtles and litter - it just makes me very sad right now. :cry: In fact, I see a lot of this type of behavior on the forum regarding ideas and differences. Golly - anger and rudeness has no place in discussion.:nono1:
Let's agree to state what the problem is and list solutions - what can we do to improve things and not run off to Costa Rica or blame this person or that organization. OR label people!! I'm afraid to even say what I truly think for fear of being bashed! (re: politics especially!)

Of course, there are many who calmly state their case, make their observations and get lost in the thread lol! I learn more from them and even want to listen to an opposite point of view if it is stated rationally. But when people start getting rude (like getting on someone's case because they had a typo and knocking points off of an IQ due to a MISTAKE) I want to just get off. But I can't cause I'm moving here and I want to be a part of something magical and positive! I have very high hopes!

So, what's the problem? And what are our first steps to a solution? :D

Gidget

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Thanks Gidget. I think it's already been stated a couple times that the root problem may be that the beaches aren't always left in the same condition as they were found.