• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

conched out

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2008
Wondering how others are enjoying Wild Olives recently? Have to say we've been disappointed in recent weeks. Not the same experience as last summer/fall. Seems to have slacked somehow. Food slower, no visible manager, staff seems a liitle scattered. Used to really enjoy it, needs a little fine tuning. Maybe even just a floor manager? :dunno:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
This is vague and not very helpful. If you are going to post disparaging remarks about a business you have to do better than , "Seems to have slacked somehow" and "staff seems a little scattered".

Joe Complete

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Taxahassee FL/Watercolor
We eat there for lunch on a weekly basis and always have the same great experience. A couple weeks ago we waited over an hour for lunch and still had the same great service and food. It was well worth the wait.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
We eat there for lunch on a weekly basis and always have the same great experience. A couple weeks ago we waited over an hour for lunch and still had the same great service and food. It was well worth the wait.

sorry, but i can't think of any restaurant worth waiting an hour for lunch. sometimes restaurant managers use the excuse "well, we are busy". well, that's what you're supposed to be, right??!! i would think the owner/manager, who i know, would want the feedback about the service.

conched out

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2008
This is vague and not very helpful. If you are going to post disparaging remarks about a business you have to do better than , "Seems to have slacked somehow" and "staff seems a little scattered".

Wow, that was harsh. Always rooting for the local restaurants and have posted lots of postitives..Was not any more specific because I didn't want to be "disparaging". The vagueness was purposeful. I didn't reveal much because I didn't want to be "that kind of poster". Wild Olives puts out good, affordable food and serves a much needed niche. Have had friends and visitors who have had similar recent experiences to mine. Your response to me was Gestapo-ish.

TableFiveChef

Beach Lover
Oct 24, 2006
Miramar Beach
I agree with the above post. If you had a bad experience you should have every right to post it just like you would a great experience. You should not have to apologize for having a bad experience. When you open a business you put yourself out there for critisicm as mush as praise. You take the good with the bad. I work my behind off in the food industry to put out a stellar product knowing that if I have an off day it could be published on any blog or foodie site Chowhound, Yelp etc. When you are a proffesional and you charge for your services you are subject to fair critiscm. I have no beef with Wild Olives in this post as I have always had good experiences. I just notice that when people post fair complaints about local restaurants folks tend to jump all over them for doing so.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Wow, that was harsh. Always rooting for the local restaurants and have posted lots of postitives..Was not any more specific because I didn't want to be "disparaging". The vagueness was purposeful. I didn't reveal much because I didn't want to be "that kind of poster". Wild Olives puts out good, affordable food and serves a much needed niche. Have had friends and visitors who have had similar recent experiences to mine. Your response to me was Gestapo-ish.

Sorry but "What's Up With So and So" is lame. Calling me a nazi is even lamer. It certainly didn't take you long to reach Godwin's Law.

Apparently, you are "that kind of poster", and you are disparaging, even though you were dancing around your issues. Specifics are better than vagueness. Negative is OK - broad sideswipes are not. The restaurant business is tough and never tougher than it is now. Put yourself in their shoes. If you really care and want to be helpful - contact the owner or manager directly and give him or her your thoughts and advice.

Can you see yourself standing in front of the restaurant with a sign that reads: "seems to have slacked" and "needs a little fine tuning"?

If a business really needs to be called out for being terrible, go for it. But really, what is the point of your thread? Are you ticked off because your food didn't arrive in a timely manner? Did a waiter ignore you? Did he give you the finger? Was there a fly in your soup? Are you losing business to them? What is the real problem? Let us know please.

port albert

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
I agree with Table Five Chef

We have spent January in Seagrove for the last 12 years.

We actively use local restaurants while we are here.

Our group finds that many of the restaurant reviews on this site to be highly biased and not a reflection of actual quality.

The sentiment on the website seems to be "If it is local it is great...no matter what" and if you aren't impressed you are evil!!

A good business constantly reviews its performance and customer expectations. It listens to customer opinions.

Most of us come from communities that have restaurants equal or superior to SOWAL venues.

Defending subpar local establishments helps no one.

conched out

Beach Lover
Jun 15, 2008
Sorry but "What's Up With So and So" is lame. Calling me a nazi is even lamer. It certainly didn't take you long to reach Godwin's Law.

Apparently, you are "that kind of poster", and you are disparaging, even though you were dancing around your issues. Specifics are better than vagueness. Negative is OK - broad sideswipes are not. The restaurant business is tough and never tougher than it is now. Put yourself in their shoes. If you really care and want to be helpful - contact the owner or manager directly and give him or her your thoughts and advice.

Can you see yourself standing in front of the restaurant with a sign that reads: "seems to have slacked" and "needs a little fine tuning"?

If a business really needs to be called out for being terrible, go for it. But really, what is the point of your thread? Are you ticked off because your food didn't arrive in a timely manner? Did a waiter ignore you? Did he give you the finger? Was there a fly in your soup? Are you losing business to them? What is the real problem? Let us know please.

I'm over it.