• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
does anyone know what this woman was charged with? If it was in the article, I did not see the actual charge stated...

If the "stuff" had been abandoned on the beach, then what law did she break?

Are the beaches in that area claimed as "private"? If not, can there be private property on a public beach?

Did the ordinance apply to the "stuff"? Does anyone know whose "stuff" it was?
Did they have the responsibililty to remove it overnight?

How did there happen to be a video? Did someone plan to photograph the incident, or did it just "happen".....This whole incident sounds a little strange to me, so I am just interested to know what specific charge was filed; and what law was broken according to authorities?

Anybody know?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I guess we all have different pet peeves. I honestly think the area looks pretty good but obviously I've seen better. I myself think vehicles on the beach are an eyesore but that's just me. The point is we all perceive things differently. [Edit]honestly, I cant' make out half the stuff in that picture. The only thing that stands out is the tent frame which could possibly be a tent in the process of being set up for all I know. I'm just saying that a good picture says 1000 words. In this case you need 1000 words to explain the picture. Lose the captions and take some closeups if you're trying to persuade is all I'm saying.

Maybe this is part of the problem, but that's just me.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
does anyone know what this woman was charged with? If it was in the article, I did not see the actual charge stated...

Are the beaches in that area claimed as "private"? If not, can there be private property on a public beach?

How did there happen to be a video? Did someone plan to photograph the incident, or did it just "happen".....This whole incident sounds a little strange to me, so I am just interested to know what specific charge was filed; and what law was broken according to authorities?

Anybody know?

Post 197 quotes an article from Kimberly White of the NWF Daily News stating it was two counts of criminal mischief. I wonder if there will be anything in the Walton Sun tomorrow that has more information? They haven't posted anything online yet.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I saw the item you mention; just wondering which law was broken resulting in "criminal mischief"...if the property is abandoned iaw the Walton Co. Ordinance...

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
I really wish that one of the newspapers would do an expose..with full color photographs...showing just what is happening to the beaches--it would probably be picked up by AP and Facebook and Twitter and we would make the International News...to think that we have such a treasure in our natural habitat and we are destroying it...by neglect, laziness, and lack of government regulations that are appropriate or elected officials who have the courage to enforce the rules they've written.

It is disgraceful IMO.

Why not mount our own grassroots facebook/twitter/blog.etc campaign and get viral about it?

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

Anybody know?

So if someone abandons their car on the side of the road I can stop and puncture the tires and bust out the windows?

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I don't know. What I am asking is:

What law governs abandoned stuff?

What law was broken?