• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tillerjeff

Beach Lover
May 7, 2009
Midwal, near the water
i was behind a toyota 4runner traveling east on 30a. he crossed the west bound lane, thank god no one was coming head on and no one was crossing the street. he then ran down a cable box, ran through the bushs and finally landed on top of a parked car in the parking lot. i ran up and the driver was asleep at the wheel, myself and another person ran up and started beating on the windows to wake him up, when he came to, he had no idea what happend. thankfully no one got hurt, but traffic maybe backed up for a bit.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Asleep, really? I wish I could sleep through the night, this guy sleeps through a car crash.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
i was behind a toyota 4runner traveling east on 30a. he crossed the west bound lane, thank god no one was coming head on and no one was crossing the street. he then ran down a cable box, ran through the bushs and finally landed on top of a parked car in the parking lot. i ran up and the driver was asleep at the wheel, myself and another person ran up and started beating on the windows to wake him up, when he came to, he had no idea what happend. thankfully no one got hurt, but traffic maybe backed up for a bit.

So you ran up to the truck, beat on the window, and helped get the guy out and such?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I drove by after the fire and EMS vehicles had arrived. The 4runner was on top of the hood of another car- I have no idea how you park a car like that and not wake up.

Beanstalk

Beach Lover
Apr 12, 2009

Sounds like a Diabetic attack. Hopefully he will have it looked into. I had something very similar happen just a few years ago, Lucky I did not hurt anyone nor did I get hurt, Cops thought I was drunk. Went to the doctor and found that I was a Diabetic, I had no clue.

ricklys

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2008
Rosemary Beach
I drove by after the fire and EMS vehicles had arrived. The 4runner was on top of the hood of another car- I have no idea how you park a car like that and not wake up.

I've seen it happen with a person who is diabetic. My husband happened on a man slumped over the wheel of his car in the turn lane at 98 and Orange at the near the east end of 30-A. He was totally non resopnsive - paramedics later said he was in a "diabetic emergency".

trout bum

Beach Comber
Jul 2, 2011
This is why I don't ride my bike on the highway,I'll stay on the mtb/walking path.You just don't know when someone will have a seizure.