• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Back to the original subject. At a recent SWCC (South Walton Community Council) meeting the subject of whether Code Enforcement should remain reactive or be proactive. It was the opinion of most attending it should be proactive. Either they have become proactive or the received a complaint from a resident about the signs.
30A is now a scenic highway and it should look like one. To me, that means no unnecessary signs cluttering up an area already replete with numerous signs.
It would appear Walton County Code Enforcement is damned if they do and damned if they don't. For CS, let them do their job!!!!

I think they should enforce a code. Building codes etc. But taking a man's sign down in front of his restaurant offering a 2 for 1 special is not one of them.

northender

Beach Comber
Feb 28, 2008
I think they should enforce a code. Building codes etc. But taking a man's sign down in front of his restaurant offering a 2 for 1 special is not one of them.

it sounds to me like you want the code guys to enforce just what makes you happy and if you don't like it, then no enforcement is needed.
well the only way to change the codes are to contact your county commissioners. I'm sure there is something in their books that each and everyone of us don't like.

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
This all boils down to one thing. Do we want to enforce the laws that are already on the books? If not, change the stupid laws. If so, enforce them in an unbiased manner.

Does anyone who has posted on this thread even know what the laws actually state? One of the laws says that no articles may be left on the beach overnight. That law is posted on a sign at every beach walkover. We don't enforce that one because we don't want to upset the tourists. The beaches at the west end of the county look like a huge, cheap carnival. The beaches are why people come here...but not for long if we keep letting this happen. I guess we just don't care about the respectful tourists anymore.

There are laws that pertain to the scenic corridor as well. They all should be enforced to the letter of the law...or be changed. Yeah, that's it, let's dump the laws and make the whole county look like a cheap carnival. That will really attract the visitors we so desparately need.

Bottom line:
Go to BCC meetings. Learn how the person YOU voted for is conducting county business. Pay attention and vote them out of office if you don't like what they are doing...regardless of what party they belong to. This is all happening because we the people are letting it happen...don't you get it!

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
it sounds to me like you want the code guys to enforce just what makes you happy and if you don't like it, then no enforcement is needed.
well the only way to change the codes are to contact your county commissioners. I'm sure there is something in their books that each and everyone of us don't like.

Nope that is not what I want. Enforce the laws for all. Not on just a few. The signs that were taken the other day were taken just in the 30-A business area. That would be from 395 to lake wood road. Beyond that the signs at Watersound, Alys and Rosemary beach on the right of way were still up. I did not go west of 395 but I believe that must have still been up by the pictures of the signage. The little man vs. the big. I have had several pm asking me where the signs are located so the owners can pick them up. The A-Frame signs are expensive!

"Leave positive feed back and I will do same."

kycats1

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2006
Today Walton County Code Enforcement officers were out in force protecting our wonderful county road 30-A. After enduring the heat for several hours the cracked team of "Code Enforcement" successfully removed many damaging signs that harm our eyes. The team removed signs from homes, business, restaurants any establishment that is trying to hang on in this tough economy. The dedicated men and women from "Code Enforcement" braved the heat to protect ourselves regardless of the expense of a local trying to make a living. There was many a cheer at the "Code Enforcement" trailer for another "Street sign sweep" well done. Here are a pictures of the criminals. Maybe we should have a show like cops but called "Code Enforcement." Bobby J. you are the balloon coordinator any calls about rouge balloons? :yikes

View attachment 13342

View attachment 13343

View attachment 13344

View attachment 13345

sounds like they might have picked up one of your ILLEGAL signs???