• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
So who gave her the right to destroy other peoples property? How can you bow down and make this woman your hero? Seems she has just lowered herself to way below the actions of any and all tourist leaving items on the beach. Didn't she just take the turtle watchers reputation down with her--what a shame.They work really hard to educate people about the turtles. What a fine example for our young. Just because I don't like what someone else does-------sounds like most of you have just opened the door for do as you please!?! Shame, shame. shame. What about the vandals at the church--do you bow down? Just because it's something you want to see changed, hopefully this is not the avenue you care to go. There is just no difference! Wrong is wrong is wrong. If you still call this woman your hero and bow down, then I hope to see you at church this Sunday.

I don't know about 'the right', but those trashy beach goers certainly enabled her, didn't they?

I am not certain what church was vandalized, nor do I think anyone here condones politically motivated vandalism of an institution. In fact, I among others helped clean up the McCain/Palin 'Victory Center' after some pinheads plastered Obama signs all over the front windows (even though I supported the winning candidate).

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
The attached pdf file and the excerpts within this post are a matter of public record. Not-for-profit 501 (c) 3 organizations must annually file a Form 990 (basically a tax return for not-for-profits). It is our policy to no disclose the names associated with salary data even though the info is a matter of public record - therefore we have blanked the names associated with this post.

It appears that many are interested in but lack the data to describe the financial workings of this organization and we therefore have chosen to make them available for all.

We as an organization take no position on this other than providing the facts.

Balance Sheet Info

View attachment 13377

Expenses By Category

View attachment 13379

Compensation

View attachment 13378

These panels are excerpts from the South Walton Turtle Watch 2007 990EZ

2007 South Walton Turtle Watch 990EZ

http://www.waltontaxpayers.org/PDF Files/TurtleWatch.pdf

Thank you for putting the information out there for us.
Now, since we are in the mood for full disclosure, may we see WCTA's balance sheet, expenses and compensation for the same year?

Majah

Beach Comber
Apr 30, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
Since it was a Friday, then yes I assumed it was in use. Since Beachcrest is private, unless there is a public access near it, then Beachcrest should clean up their beach, if they deem it abandoned. To me it is just a matter of wrong is wrong. Destorying anything that doesn't belong to you is wrong. There are always appropriate ways and means of handling things--destruction isn't one of them. It's really just in my eyes, that some people are proud (not all) of what this lady did and it's just not right. Simple right is right and wrong is wrong. Yes the people that left their stuff was also wrong and I'm not glorifying them either.

Beanstalk

Beach Lover
Apr 12, 2009
Since it was a Friday, then yes I assumed it was in use. Since Beachcrest is private, unless there is a public access near it, then Beachcrest should clean up their beach, if they deem it abandoned. To me it is just a matter of wrong is wrong. Destorying anything that doesn't belong to you is wrong. There are always appropriate ways and means of handling things--destruction isn't one of them. It's really just in my eyes, that some people are proud (not all) of what this lady did and it's just not right. Simple right is right and wrong is wrong. Yes the people that left their stuff was also wrong and I'm not glorifying them either.
:bang:This is where somneone should suggest that you read the entire thread. Since your statments are not making any sense to the timeline nor the incident, Just my 2 cents:dunno:

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Since it was a Friday, then yes I assumed it was in use. Since Beachcrest is private, unless there is a public access near it, then Beachcrest should clean up their beach, if they deem it abandoned. To me it is just a matter of wrong is wrong. Destorying anything that doesn't belong to you is wrong. There are always appropriate ways and means of handling things--destruction isn't one of them. It's really just in my eyes, that some people are proud (not all) of what this lady did and it's just not right.
Simple right is right and wrong is wrong. quote]

"Just as every cop is a criminal, and all sinners saints,
As heads is tails, just call me Lucifer, cause I am in need of some restraint.."

--Jagger/Richards. Sympathy for the Devil.

Last edited:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
So who gave her the right to destroy other peoples property? How can you bow down and make this woman your hero? Seems she has just lowered herself to way below the actions of any and all tourist leaving items on the beach. Didn't she just take the turtle watchers reputation down with her--what a shame.They work really hard to educate people about the turtles. What a fine example for our young. Just because I don't like what someone else does-------sounds like most of you have just opened the door for do as you please!?! Shame, shame. shame. What about the vandals at the church--do you bow down? Just because it's something you want to see changed, hopefully this is not the avenue you care to go. There is just no difference! Wrong is wrong is wrong. If you still call this woman your hero and bow down, then I hope to see you at church this Sunday.

You're committing a serious non sequitur, but if you're going to run in that direction I suggest reading the Gospel of John, chapter 2, verses 13-17.

Last edited:

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
Hey, where did all the 'interested' people from the WCTA/Hudson/Nelson camp go? Where are those tax documents? You guys didn't hit the buffet at McLain's too often , did you?:lol:

Glad to provide the information you requested. Our organization is a 501 (c)4 exempt organization. We are not a tax deductible entity. Due to the size of our gross receipts( less than $25,000) we are not required to file a 990 so I have provided you with the financial report from our Annual Meeting that year.

We have no paid employee's and no member receives reimbursement for travel.

IRS form 990 / form 990 EZ

Filing Requirements

If gross receipts are: $25,000 or Less?Normally not required to file IRS form 990 or form 990 EZ.

More than $25,000?Normally must file IRS form 990 or form 990 EZ.

$100,000 or less and total assets at year end are less than$250,000?May file IRS form 990 EZ or IRS form 990.

More than $100,000 and total assets at year end are more than$250,000?Must file IRS form 990; cannot file IRS form 990 EZ.

2007 Income

Member Donations $7,263.00

2007 Expenses

Chamber Membership 125.00
Postal Permit 175.00
Post Box 40.00
Annual Florida Reg. Fee 66.00
Northwest Alliance Mtg 273.74
Newsletter (4 Issues) 2,614.11
Copy Systems 130.00
Envelopes 120.13
DeFuniak Herald(ads) 425.25