• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Early 2010--after all the lots in major developments with buildout deadlines that were purchased on pure speculation get resold at very low prices

Gotta change my prediction. Bottom out in 2012 and remain basically flat for 5-10 years. Unless of course, all the money we are printing in the US results in hyperinflation.

xaa

Beach Comber
Aug 17, 2008
North of LA
Crystal ball is broken. But I think it may be over when we get that Walmart on 98. :D Personally, my sales picked up when we got rid of the TV.

I think you might be onto something with the opening-of-a-store idea but I think it needs to be a Costco instead of a Walmart. If anyone hears that one's coming to town let me know and I'll get my green eyeshade out to start running some numbers again. :D

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Way cool thread to see the optimism nearly three years back. Gotta wonder how many of those hoping for an early uptick even own the property they had back then.

I'll wait for Shelly to return from across the pond with insight from the other side into what's gonna happen over here.
:popcorn:

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Here is my take: COMPLETELY unscientific and ACUTELY emotionally driven as we live here full time and this is home for us....

I absolutely love the natural beauty of this area and think we live in a gorgeous place / setting and that we need to continue cherishing its unique features.

My crystal ball is no more lucid than anyone's - so although we bought at the peak of the market and we owe more to the bank than our place is worth - this is NOT going to deter me from enjoying my life here. I would be happy with small, incremental, sustainable growth - I doubt we will ever see the crazy frenzy that allowed people to speculate indiscriminately...

If I did have to predict something it would be this: When the market makes a slow comeback - (6 months? 1 year? 2-5 years, 10+???? no-one knows), I do believe there will be a discernible move towards higer quality construction and design. THere will be an inherent demand to protect one's investment and following the economy's downturn and the unreliable stock market, people with the means to purchase a vacation place will seek out the better quality.

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Here is my take: COMPLETELY unscientific and ACUTELY emotionally driven as we live here full time and this is home for us....

I absolutely love the natural beauty of this area and think we live in a gorgeous place / setting and that we need to continue cherishing its unique features.

My crystal ball is no more lucid than anyone's - so although we bought at the peak of the market and we owe more to the bank than our place is worth - this is NOT going to deter me from enjoying my life here. I would be happy with small, incremental, sustainable growth - I doubt we will ever see the crazy frenzy that allowed people to speculate indiscriminately...

If I did have to predict something it would be this: When the market makes a slow comeback - (6 months? 1 year? 2-5 years, 10+???? no-one knows), I do believe there will be a discernible move towards higer quality construction and design. THere will be an inherent demand to protect one's investment and following the economy's downturn and the unreliable stock market, people with the means to purchase a vacation place will seek out the better quality.

I heard things are going well in your neck of the woods:wave:

neorose

Beach Crab
May 9, 2006
Birmingham
I heard things are going well in your neck of the woods:wave:
The owners' miasma who have the muster to live up to their obligations perhaps has peaked.
Buyers are poised to advantage themselves with sub-replacement offerings and this portends
a rapid rebound of a price set of about one quarter toward peak.
Sellers who can postpone a sell may be better served waiting for the rebound correction.

This is one humble observer's comment.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
I say 10-15 years before all the garbage is cleaned up. Meaning bust subdivisions, meaning south of 30-A and south of 10. All in between. Just to much out there. :dunno: