• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Who has the best pizza in South Walton

• Spicy Noodle

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Angelina's

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Bruno's

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Pizza By the Sea

Votes: 74 47.7%
  • Sugar Pies

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Fat Daddy's

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Enzo's

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Amore

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Carabba's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fat Clemenza's

Votes: 19 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

30abob

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I read Geo's review last week and put this place on my list of "places to try"; Bobby's 2nd bumped it to the top of the list. They're both right on!

My family, minus 1 - that leaves 5 of us, just ate an incredible meal. We had 5 beverages and split 3 pies... the total bill before tip was $43.71! We had the Alla Vodka, Classic Italian, and Margherita pizza's; all 3 were excellent. Our favorite was the Alla Vodka, when you go - and you should, make sure to order this pie. The two Jeff's and O.J. provided great, prompt service to go along with the great food.

As we were leaving my 8 year old son says to Jeff #1, "Great idea putting liquor on pizza!" Luckily Geo pulled up as we were about to leave so I could introduce myself and thank him personally.

This is definitely on my family's list of SoWal places where we want to be regulars!

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
I read Geo's review last week and put this place on my list of "places to try"; Bobby's 2nd bumped it to the top of the list. They're both right on!

My family, minus 1 - that leaves 5 of us, just ate an incredible meal. We had 5 beverages and split 3 pies... the total bill before tip was $43.71! We had the Alla Vodka, Classic Italian, and Margherita pizza's; all 3 were excellent. Our favorite was the Alla Vodka, when you go - and you should, make sure to order this pie. The two Jeff's and O.J. provided great, prompt service to go along with the great food.

As we were leaving my 8 year old son says to Jeff #1, "Great idea putting liquor on pizza!" Luckily Geo pulled up as we were about to leave so I could introduce myself and thank him personally.

This is definitely on my family's list of SoWal places where we want to be regulars!

Grayt meeting you, 30abob. I was just passing through the lot (had some oysters at Hurricane Oyster Bar) when I saw the Pickle Factory staff outside so I stopped to say hello and that's when you walked up. I loved it that you told them right there that the reason you were there is because of what you read here on SoWal... Powerful medium you have here, Kurt!

:clap:

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
We have a new favorite Pizza place! We went in this evening, had the Sausage pizza and two teas. Cost under 22 bucks and the food was great! Great atmosphere and cool guys running the place. I know we will be back and I wish you guys well in business.

A big thanks to GEO for letting us know about this place!

Charlene58

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2009
Pickle Factory

Wow.. what a perfect review of this restaurant. We went this past Saturday evening.. five adults.. the pizza was fantastic and let's not forget the fresh
spinach salad with the basil dressing, outstanding.. Definitely will be
a regular at this wonderful establishment. Hats off to Jeff 1 AND Jeff2..

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
We so totally agree with the positive reviews here. Having been many times to the thai take-out place , I was blown away when I walked in the "new" space. They have done a good job of offering a unique product, not just another "me too" pizza. These pies are good and distinctively their own.

However, no one has posted their phone number. It is 850-428-4662. But remember, cash or check only.

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
We made a repeat visit to The Pickle last night and brought 2 other families with us. All total we had 7 adults, 3 teen boys, 5 younger kids and a baby. When we arrived, there were only a couple of folks at the bar, so we were able to seat ourselves comfortably inside.

(As an aside, I was happy that we didn't have to wait, but I was surprised that so few folks were there. I know that this will change as the word gets out, but I really couldn't believe they were so empty.)

Upon sitting down, everyone immediately commented on the beautiful transformation of the Thai Cafe. It really is nice inside, cozy and comfortable and the music is great. We were greeted - by name (they remembered us from last week)! - by Jeff and Jeff, chatted with OJ, the pizza chef, and enjoyed seeing Sadie again, our sweet and attentive waitress.

Our table ordered an assortment of salads - the House, the Spinach, and the Strawberry and Poppyseed - all of which were delicious. At $3.95 for a small salad, these were pretty big and all the ingredients and dressings were spectacular. I had this Thai ceviche shrimp appetizer, which consisted of 3 shrimp in a spicy clear sauce. Hard to describe, but it was really good. I was expecting the shrimp to be more "cooked looking," but they were almost raw in appearance. I will say, though, that it was fresh and tasty and really good. I like to try new things and love that the owner knows Thai food, so I am hoping that he will continue to add Thai inspired items to the menu.

Regarding the pizza, we had all different kinds - a vegetarian pizza, the Pickle Factory Special (which comes with sauerkraut), the Alla Vodka, Classic Italian, pepperoni, etc. All were wonderful. The younger kids devoured their pizzas and ordered more. We all had either wine or beer or tea or soft drinks, plus refills and our entire bill was only around $140. That was for 15 people! Salads, pizza, drinks, refills, etc.

We have definitely found "our spot" and wish Jeff, Jeff, OJ, and Sadie the very best as the summer progresses. My goal is try every pizza on the menu!

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
I can confirm Grayton GIrl's report! The place looks great and just has a wonderful feel. The transformation from all its previous restaurants to the current restaurant is amazing. It doesn't even resemble the old place. I can't attest to the quality of the pizza since it was all gone by the time I finished my salad (jk Grayton Girl!), but it looked great and every piece was devoured by our crowd. The spinach salad was awesome (ask for light on the dressing). This place is going to be packed in the future, so you better get yourselves down there before it's a major wait.

CK1

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2007
Hubby and I went to the Pickle Factory last night for what I consider to be the "best" pizza along 30A. Thin, thin crust and lots of wonderful, yummy toppings. Thanks Jeff for doing such a great job on your pizza.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Great pizza, also great salad (I had spinach salad with fantastic basil vinaigrette) and great atmosphere. Could use a bit of fabric or other softness here and there to absorb echo-noise. But then, LOTS of places feel that way to me b/c I have ridiculously sensitive hearing....

Went there the other night and the food/ service was great. I just do not like thin crust pizza personally. My wife loves thin crust. Im strictly a NY style pizza guy. I have to express how great the food was even though I would rather have a thicker crust. I started with the shrimp ceciche and was shocked that it was the best shrimp ceviche I ever had. Thanks to all the Jeff's and staff who reallly know how to give you a great meal, just too thin for me.