• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
I assume that the comforter in my hotel rooms, condo's, rental houses, etc... aren't washed very often and fold them down to the end of the bed or off the bed and don't use them. I understand that it would fade out the comforter to do this but I don't want to touch it knowing what people may have done in it!

I do think that blankets should be washed after each guest just like the sheets. I don't assume the blankets are laundered though.

I bring my own pillows and a throw blanket or 2 since some rentals don't have a throw and I like to lounge with one and I know mine is clean.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I assume that the comforter in my hotel rooms, condo's, rental houses, etc... aren't washed very often and fold them down to the end of the bed or off the bed and don't use them. I understand that it would fade out the comforter to do this but I don't want to touch it knowing what people may have done in it!

I do think that blankets should be washed after each guest just like the sheets. I don't assume the blankets are laundered though.

I bring my own pillows and a throw blanket or 2 since some rentals don't have a throw and I like to lounge with one and I know mine is clean.

do you pack these items when you're flying to your destination?

If I was always driving to my vacations, then I would bring along pillows, blankets. But when you're flying that just isn't doable. I finally quit trying to jam my pillow (& my other family members) into our carry ons and brought new anti-allergen pillowcases to slip over the hotel pillows. Not sure if that made any difference but it sure made me think it did! ;-)

We were told by a rental management company to put away all throws and quilts because they didn't want to be responsible for washing them. They said renters use them as beach towels. They even confiscated my bathroom rugs for the same reason and lost some of them. They also threatened to confiscate everything in the closets and drawers that wasn't on their approved list.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We were told by a rental management company to put away all throws and quilts because they didn't want to be responsible for washing them. They said renters use them as beach towels. They even confiscated my bathroom rugs for the same reason and lost some of them. They also threatened to confiscate everything in the closets and drawers that wasn't on their approved list.

It is true that renters will use anything blanket like on the beach. However bathroom rugs is a bit of a stretch and I wouldn't deal with a rental company that told me what I couldn't put in my home outside of liability issues.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
We do drive to Sowal but I flew with 2 pillows to France in 07 and agin to Key West in May of 08. Dec of 08 slight to Key West was after the airline baggage changes so I only flew with one crammed in my carry on!

We bring our beach blankets to Sowal but for KW we just bought some at KMart and left them behind when we left-I have no idea why some people think it's ok to treat the owners stuff so poorly. Makes me think their momma's didn't raise them right-or they just choose to be jerks!

Tripinbrums

Beach Comber
May 21, 2009
Hotels do it too! GROSS

Is this really the hotel standard?? :blink: Would that apply to blankets, too?
Well, I wish, but I seriously doubt it. Maybe a five star hotel somewhere, but not any I've stayed at.
I have a good friend who worked at the Hilton Hawaiian Village on Oahu. She told me they wash the comforters once a month. Some of those rooms go for at least 5-700 per night. Now anywhere we stay the first thing we do is fold those and stick them in the closet. We do sit on the couch though, what's the diff? I guess I always believed they would wash the linens for every guest. I was naive!!:dunno:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
NO!!!!! :bang:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Just a reminder that once ATL checks out it's probably a good time to wash those COMFORTERS!!!