• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
If you haven't made it to Shorty's yet, make it a point to do so. Great food, great prices, and great attitude.

We had been sitting on the beach enjoying the (slight!) breeze for Happy Hour, and decided to head over there for dinner. The hostess greeted us warmly and started to lead us upstairs - we said, "Are you sure? We're sandy and beached-out!" She said, "It's a beach bar!"

We had gumbo (rich, not too salty or spicy), shrimp po-boy (six nice-sized, plump shrimp with crunchy breading, on a wonderful roll with lettuce, tomato and a really yummy remolade on the side) and the fried shrimp dinner (big shrimp, crunchy, great veggie sides).

I think the po-boy is my new favorite on this beach. It's just so great to have a reasonably priced place that's clean and nice with good food, nice people and a VIEW to die for!

(For anyone who hasn't found it yet, it is in old Grayton Beach, across from the Red Bar.)

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
We had a nice lunch there just now and will definitely go back, especially if they start playing some less irritating music! TOday they had on 80s/disco and even with lots of people in there talking and eating, I found it hard to pay attention to the conversation at our table because the music was so intrusive.

Lime soup is great, esp. with some crackers!

Foodlover

Beach Fanatic
Oct 15, 2006
South Walton
We had a nice lunch there just now and will definitely go back, especially if they start playing some less irritating music! TOday they had on 80s/disco and even with lots of people in there talking and eating, I found it hard to pay attention to the conversation at our table because the music was so intrusive.

Lime soup is great, esp. with some crackers!

Susan

First, thank you for eating with us. Second, thank you for the comments about the music. That is an easy fix. We are here to serve you and appreciate the opportunity to do so.

Being new, we are ironing out some things and the music volume and type is something that we can fix easily. Please come back to see us and we will try harder to better serve you.

Henry and staff

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
I've eaten at shorty's twice and i'm very impressed with the staff and the food is great.Your shrimp dinner is great and the whole family loved it.

seanote

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2007
Yum!

Had a wonderful lunch today - Blackened grouper sandwich with fries, mac and cheese, and ice cream with caramel sauce. Everything was delicious. The staff is wonderful. Nothing but good things to say.

Seagrovedude

Beach Lover
May 30, 2006
We loved our Shorty's date night! The grilled shrimp platter was not only tasty, but the best deal in town. The twice baked potato and okra/tomatoes sides were sooo yummy! Hubby loved his red beans and rice. Loved the decor and people. Welcome, Shorty's. We miss D&Ks, but are happy someone equally nice filled their spot. We'll definitely be back.

ls2006vacay

Beach Lover
May 3, 2006
Thank you for this rec! We went last night for dinner. Felt like I was "in the know" as there was no wait and Red Bar was packed (we also like red bar, we've been before)
The view is beautiful, staff are super friendly, nice cute restaurant, great service, yummy food. We had steak (husband is in the midst of an allergic reaction to shrimp) The kids menu offered several things my little boy likes, always a plus.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
We tried so hard to eat at Shorty's two weeks ago because everyone is gaga about it (and my friends take their food seriously :clap:). We couldn't find a place to park anywhere!! We finally gave up because we had to be somewhere else later that evening and didn't have the time to circle around hunting for a parking spot. So the next time we are going to be smart about it. We'll either ride our bikes or walk over.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I can't wait to try it. While under construction, they let us park there when parking was impossible. :love: