• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lsucajuns

Beach Lover
Jun 10, 2008
Dune Allen
hendersonscott66.wix.com
I seems that the June Grass is staying longer this year.

cabythesea

Beach Lover
Jan 16, 2009
I was thinking the same thing although it was much better yesterday (@ Dolthan Ave access). I'm heading down in a 1/2 hour for some reading, drinking and napping.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
it's out there and has been for a while but doesn't seem to be as dense as usual. It's kinda patchy too....you can find stretches where the water is very clear.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
I snorkeled out yesterday and while I found clear areas, I noticed myself getting a little dizzy, presumably because of the way the algea/grass affected my vision. I think because the way it moves in relation to the bottom and how it can get up close to your eyes.

That, and swallowing a little salt water along the way is a good recipe for feeling a little nausea out there. The grass moves around. In close one day, the middle section another. We'll see what tomorrow holds. As long as the jelly fish stay away, I can work around it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Considering that it was late coming in, not until two weeks ago, it's not here longer than usual. As others mentioned, it is spotty. Just a moment ago, I noticed at Ed Walline Park, a clear large spot of water, free of June Grass, right in front of the Park, but both sides of the Park had light amounts of June Grass.

ls2006vacay

Beach Lover
May 3, 2006
We haven't hit the sowal beach yet (we've been in Destin) but I thought the water looked pretty nice & clear. Maybe I'm just comparing it to our last trip here.. there was a lot more june grass then.

JacksonBeachBum

Beach Comber
Jul 15, 2008
Jackson, GA
I was thinking it looked lighter this year relative to last.
It was pretty thick when we were down the week before Father's Day. Hoping it is clear when we return in a few days.

I had a friend's wife tell me that she knows someone who lives in Destin that said they have not had any June Grass at all this year. Is this true or is this possibly her way of trying to get us to start going back to Destin instead of Inlet Beach(she always says the water is clearer in Destin when we are down in June)? I really hate the traffic in Destin and avoid it at all costs.