• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I travel a lot to take care of my Father who lives in Ocean Springs, Miss (for 9 years) and I never come down to the 331 exit when coming home to SoWal from the west. You can get off at Crestview go South to Niceville and come across the Mid-Bay Bridge straight to Highway 98....from there go east to SoWal or west to Destin, whichever you desire.

If I felt better right now I would give an alternative route to our area coming from the east on I10. Maybe someone else can, as I believe that's what
inside 635 was asking for....alternatives to 331.

Further to the East of 331, you can take 79 South near Bonifay and hit 98 in Panama City Beach or 77 near Chipley will take you right into Panama City for smaller two lane roads. There is always 231 to the West of (MARIANNA TOYOTA, MARIANNA TOYOTA, MARIANNA TOYOTA!)(Sorry, got caught up in the car commercial from hell) Marianna that is a larger highway also taking you into Panama City.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
And bear in mind that "dangerous road" and "construction zone" is how a significant portion of our workforce commutes.

scooterbug after my first post I re-read your post and realized I did not mention that I do travel on 331 when absolutely necessary...Freeport or DeFuniak Springs. You are so right about our "workforce"! And, over the years I have had many friends and co-workers that live off 331. They all remarked how they hated making that drive. Of course people who live here and work here will take 331 when needed, but those traveling from I10 to SoWal do have others options. Believe me I'm not saying that all travelers find 331 dangerous or stressful.

:blush: Sorry kkddbb to get so worked up!

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Kat, I knew what you were trying to say. :D

I have a "travel 331 or not" dilemma of my own in a couple of weeks, as I have to head for I-10 in the wee hours in order to be in Orlando at 11 am central/noon eastern for a meeting. As stated earlier, I can't see worth a flip in the dark, and I don't yet know quite what I'll do. Maybe I need to "practice" on 331...:dunno:

JHA

Beach Comber
Jun 5, 2007
Carrollton, Ga
Coming to SRB, Monday July 13 from Atlanta area. Normally, take I-10W, south of Dothan and exit Hwy 331 to US 98. Considering all the construction should I consider taking the SR 79 exit off I-10 to US 98 on west end of PCB? Thanks.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
The construction is a non-issue, come your normal way.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Or, stay on 231 south of Dothan (if that's what you will be on), past I-10, right on 20, 20 miles to 79, left on 79 to PCB. But, the construction on 331 isn't bad except for the blinking lights.

I can give you some interesting routes from Dothan to I-10 that are shorter, but you have to be watchful for livestock (not kidding here - I once came around a curve and there was a cow in the road). :rotfl: