• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
You see, I don't even know where Modica Market, Ruskin Place and ESP are!! I am so much more
familiar with Destin area.

I am looking forward to see what draws you to these spots.

Thanks
G

Gidget: I had no idea you are such a newcomer. Modica Market is the heart of downtown Seaside. Ruskin Place is the artist colony in the back of Seaside. Eden State Park is an old restored "mansion" with georgeous grounds in lovely Old Pt. Washington on the incredibly beautiful Choctawhatchee Bay. (Damn, I sound like a travel brochure!) Please, just put Destin down and walk away (it's bad for your health). :rotfl:

Yarmap

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Northeast Alabama
How about hte parades---------- more parades than NYC & better.

You don't have to store or work on your float all year to get it ready, and you get more candy too. :clap:

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Gidget: I had no idea you are such a newcomer. Modica Market is the heart of downtown Seaside. Ruskin Place is the artist colony in the back of Seaside. Eden State Park is an old restored "mansion" with georgeous grounds in lovely Old Pt. Washington on the incredibly beautiful Choctawhatchee Bay. (Damn, I sound like a travel brochure!) Please, just put Destin down and walk away (it's bad for your health). :rotfl:

I hear you on Destin. Let's just say, I picked Blue Mtn over Destin (except I am going to be living in an apt in D for 6 mths while building at BMB) because I LOVE that 30A feel and I am at heart a "country" girl I guess. And BMB offers a much more laid back approach to life.

Ok then I guess I have been to Modica - didn't know it was called that lol but I haven't been to Ruskin. Oh goodness I MUST do Eden Park. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Lake View Too!

G

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Gidget, thank you for creating a truly wonderful thread. Too often, we do not stop and reflect on what we have and how great it is. There are so many things I love about SoWal that I literally don't know where to begin, do not have the creativity of so, so many of the previous posters and can't possibly express all that is so important to me and mine about Blue Mountain Beach, 30A and SoWal including this website, so I won't. Suffice it to say all the posts above are wonderful and a thrill for this old curmudgeon to read and digest. I shall just continue to read and enjoy all of the wonderful posts on SoWal and be secure in the knowledge that every one of them is true. Once again, thank you so much for creating this thread.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Gidget, thank you for creating a truly wonderful thread. Too often, we do not stop and reflect on what we have and how great it is. There are so many things I love about SoWal that I literally don't know where to begin, do not have the creativity of so, so many of the previous posters and can't possibly express all that is so important to me and mine about Blue Mountain Beach, 30A and SoWal including this website, so I won't. Suffice it to say all the posts above are wonderful and a thrill for this old curmudgeon to read and digest. I shall just continue to read and enjoy all of the wonderful posts on SoWal and be secure in the knowledge that every one of them is true. Once again, thank you so much for creating this thread.

I am so glad you are getting as much out of it as I am! :love: It is a sanctuary so to speak where we can escape into the magic of the area and forget politics and litter on beaches, etc.... and just chill out and enjoy reading the WONDERFUL posts!!!! I've already learned SO MUCH and it is wonderful to share with EVERYONE.

Please keep posting. I really need to read these daily because I am leaving what I call my paradise to come to yours and these posts make me very happy.

Oh I thought of something else I love:

I love early morning sunRISES on the beach. My dh and my dog and I would get out to BMB EARLY and watch the sun rise. AWESOME!! And VERY quiet.

Thanks for the posts and thanks Andy A for a very nice message! :wave:
G

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I love the beaches and the friendly demeanor of locals. Really digg my friends :love:. And, a lot more~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I love the beaches and the friendly demeanor of locals. Really digg my friends :love:. And, a lot more~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awwww sounds like I am lucky to move to such a great place. You can add that you love the summer solstice get togethers on the beach!! I can't wait for that! :cool:

G