• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
Thanks.

I guess I am just wondering why not?

When a public office issues a news release through its public affairs office, it is a news release to the public about activities that the public officials believe are of interest to the members of the community; or has to do with protecting the health and safety of the public; or is something that public office wants to "brag" about to the public.

What difference does it make what the news conduit is...we don't have a daily paper or a television station in this county. I agree that WZEP does a good job and Kevin sends out email updates; which are good, but even that is often not "up to the minute" news.

It seems to me that if the purpose of a Public Affairs Office is to inform the public about events happening in the community for which the particular public office has some responsibility, then the first criteria ought to be, to get the news out to the public the quickest way possible--around here, that's Sowal!

So, for the county officials who are lurking...is there any real good reason not to post news releases from the Public Affairs Office on the community message board?

We should just call and ask them:dunno:

nicdeedoop

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
Man faces charges after hitting 3 vehicles, bicyclist | year, kelly, old - News - Northwest Florida Daily News
Charges are pending against a Panama City Beach man who allegedly struck three other vehicles and a bicyclist in a one-mile span while driving westbound on County Road 30A late Saturday morning. None of the seven people involved suffered serious injuries, according to the FHP report that was released today. All drivers and passengers were wearing seatbelts.
The report also indicates that the incident was alcohol-related.
Edward J. Kelly, 53, was driving his 1996 BMW westbound on County Road 30A around 11:40 a.m. Saturday. About one mile east of Camillia Street, he struck the back of a Nissan SUV driven by 34-year-old Emily Williams of Chesterfield, Mo., according to the report.
Williams did not suffer injuries.
Kelly did not stop and instead continued westward. The report says he then struck a Nissan sedan as he tried to pass it on the shoulder of the road. The driver, 56-year-old George Smith, and his passenger, 55-year-old Judy Smith, of Macon, Ga., were not injured.
Kelly again did not stop and continued westbound and, near the intersection of Camellia Street, struck a bicyclist who was slowing down behind a Dodge SUV that was stopped at a crosswalk. The bicyclist, 44-year-old Graham Forte of Destin, suffered minor injuries.
Kelly's vehicle then struck the rear of the Dodge SUV, driven by 24-year-old Panama City Beach resident Marlon Nolasco, who suffered minor injuries. His 12-year-old passenger did not suffer injuries, according to the report.
Kelly and Nolasco were transported to Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast. Kelly later was transported to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola.

jd

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2008
Atlanta
why would you say that?????:shock:

Because he was responding to the wayward soul when he said, "tourists, go home!"

After reading the NWFDN article, it seems the driver was from PCB (sort of local...) and the VICTIMS were tourists....

I'm just sayin...

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Because he was responding to the wayward soul when he said, "tourists, go home!"

After reading the NWFDN article, it seems the driver was from PCB (sort of local...) and the VICTIMS were tourists....

I'm just sayin...

Could be local. Remember that due to the goofiest crap in the world, PCB technically extends all the way to WaterSound Beach.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Could be local. Remember that due to the goofiest crap in the world, PCB technically extends all the way to WaterSound Beach.

Can't we just build a wall...oh right, their buildings are twenty stories high :eek:.

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington

My address is PCB, but across the street is SRB, and one mile to my EAST is Alys Beach, and then Rosemary Beach. I am most definitely a local. :wave:

Local/tourist issues aside, I am just so thankful that none of these people were hurt!

Creeklover

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2007
WCSO does not work any accidents with ANY Injuries or significance damage. This is a change in policy when the new sheriff took over and the traffic team was split to all over the county and not just on 98 as what they were put in place for. In most every county in Florida there is more than one trooper assigned to that county at a time but in Walton there is only 1 trooper and when WCSO calls for a trooper to work a accident they almost always haft to pull one from Crestview or FWB. They are VERY short staffed I think the last time I looked they were around 300 openings for the FHP as most leave and go to work for counties as they pay A LOT more that the state. The cities are required by law to work accidents within their city limits and if a SO provides the law enforcement within the city limits they are required to work them unless it taxes them then they can call for help from FHP. In the county the FHP is required to work the accidents from what I understand.