• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Yesterday I picked up:

4 plastic cups
1 sand bucket handle
5 beer bottles (GLASS:roll:)
8 beer cans
4 water/gatorade bottles
several remnents of fire works
I stopped counting the cigarette butts at 40
2 hair ties
3 bandaids
tons of little scraps of trash
2 empty cigatette packs

It was not as bad as Friday.

I also saw flower stems (roses, daisies etc.) strewn around the Western Lake out fall. There were whole crawfish on the shore too. I figured there must have been a Cajun wedding or memorial :dunno: Even though they are biodegradeable, it looked horrible!

Speaking of the out fall, it is very interesting how Friday the gulf was flowing into the out flow and it was a straight flow. Yesterday it was flowing from the lake and it was snakey...what a difference a few days make...I love seeing the daily changes in the gulf :love:

Last edited:

LittleJuan

Beach Crab
Dec 18, 2008
Yes, there are people that clean up behind themselves, but many that do not. The people that think the beach is a giant ashtray are the worst offenders. Stop smoking people! or use your beer can to put your ashes and butts. Also, it would be nice if the Sheriff dept. would ticket those that park their vehicles in the Grayton Beach entrance. If there is sand, it is required that only 4 wheel drive, permitted vehicles have beach access. Others are giant pieces of trash in my mind, that just get stuck and ruin the gorgeous sand dune and once white sand there. (and) Ticket the offenders, not the sweet dogs!

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
The city should be able to hire, I don't know, maybe a big bully. And every time someone is seen throwing away a cigarette butt into the sand or leaving the beach with their trash on it, the bully should be allowed to slap them 'upside the head' and embarrass the hell out of them.

I think public ridicule and possibly the bully sentenceing the offending party to walk the beach and collect a garbage bag full of stuff, as a penalty, would be nice.

I had someone thank me the other day as they watched me pick up other peoples trash. That was nice of him. We were on the same wave length. It just makes me sick, and always has, how some people are so selfish and repulsive as to look at the beach a their personal dump. And it's not the beach for them, it's everywhere they go.

Water Boy

Beach Lover
May 13, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Trash & Litter

Has anybody notice all the trash along 30A and Hwy 98 lately. It is truly disgusting what some people are doing to our little corner of the world.

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
Pigs

My son and I picked up handfulls of trash on 7/5 and again on 7/6 and 7/7 with my wife joining in the collecting. We used just our hands to pick up stuff but we dumped handfulls in each trash can we passed. Besides the firworks detritus, we found the usual stuff as mentioned above and endless cigarette butts which we don't pick up. Watermelon rinds, lime and lemon slices dessicated by sun and salt, plastic crap, balloon pieces, straws, solitary flips of the flip flop clan, socks, clothing pieces, plastic shovels, all left by our esteemed visitors. Then the sheer volume of shelters, chairs and umbrellas. Many shelters are left up overnight but with the canopy removed, then just left as the visitors go home. The warnings posted around are ignored since there is no enforcement. I wish we had some printed warnings and notices that could be posted on the shelters and stuff bringing the message home, but nothing is going to stop the littering, nothing as long as there are no real laws and enforcement. And here at Inlet Beach as soon as the public bathroom is built, I am willing to bet that the trash will accumulate faster in greater volume than anyone can imagine. The once pristine sands are loosing their gleam.:eek: