• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I'm sorry but I don't think anyone should have to persue further explanation or compensation. They talked to the manager that night, gave her the benefit of the doubt. The manager should've taken care of it at that time. They not only dropped the ball during dinner but after as well.

Right you are. Everyone makes mistakes. It is how you recover that tells the tale. If a business makes a mistake and continues to defend it, or repeat it, then the tale is a poor one. The customer is not always right. But that doesn't mean you should tell them they are wrong (unless you are a waiter in a cafe in France and a tourist is ordering Nicoise salad with lite ranch dressing).

A customer of any business shouldn't have to "go over the manager's head". The manager is the head as far as we are concerned.

I have no doubt Caliza has already corrected anything that needs correcting. If not, we'll read about it here. :D:wave:

TropicalTide

Beach Comber
Nov 8, 2006
Tuscaloosa
My wife and I ate at there Thursday night also....however our evening was the total opposite. We had reservations at 7pm and by then there was already a good number of tables seated. We had very prompt and attentive service. Food was very good and served in a timely fashion. We were there around an hour and a half and were very pleased with the food, service and atmosphere. The manager came by our table, and the surrounding tables, at least two times to check on us and to see if we needed anything. We plan on taking friends when we are back in town in two weeks. After reading this thread, I just thought I would give a review of our dining experience the same night at Calliza...It was great!

lerxst

Beach Fanatic
Jul 24, 2008
My wife and I ate at there Thursday night also....however our evening was the total opposite. We had reservations at 7pm and by then there was already a good number of tables seated. We had very prompt and attentive service. Food was very good and served in a timely fashion. We were there around an hour and a half and were very pleased with the food, service and atmosphere. The manager came by our table, and the surrounding tables, at least two times to check on us and to see if we needed anything. We plan on taking friends when we are back in town in two weeks. After reading this thread, I just thought I would give a review of our dining experience the same night at Calliza...It was great!

Thanks!
One bad experience does not a reputation make, i'm sure in True Alys Beach style of "excellence in everything they do", this issue will be corrected.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005

Yours is the post we've been waiting to hear. I am sure that your experience is more indicative of what it's like to dine at the Caliza pool restaurant and I hope it encourages WLD to give it a second chance. As beautiful a setting as that should be rememebered fondly.

This message board is pretty well the pulse of 30-A so I haven't a doubt that this post has been read and noted down at Alys Beach. I don't think WLD's experience will be repeated, do you?

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I'm a big fan of Alys Beach and Calyza Pool restaurant. So, I was very disappointed to hear of the bad dining experience there from WLD. I agree with people who said the restaurant missed an opportunity to sincerely aplogize with a gift certificate or otherwise to the people who were there. Mistakes/problems happen, but they should be rare and the restaurant should take care of it in a classy and proactive way that says "We were wrong, we understand your frustration and we want you back. Please accept this token that represents our apology because we take your experience seriously and we're sorry we didn't live up to it. We should have managed our problems in a way that didn't affect you." I was delighted that TropicalTide had a great experience, as we did in August. For now I'm fine cutting Calyza Pool and Alys Beach Management some slack and hope they take this opportunity to train their staff in what to do in situations like this (which should be rare) and that they pm WLD on sowal.com to follow-up.

kemosabe

Beach Comber
Oct 5, 2008
We went there last year, the place is beautiful. I was not impressed by the service or the food. May go back for drinks but have no plans on eating their again.