• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Return trip to Shorty's tonight after our first visit on Thursday, this time with friends who had never been. Awesome dinner - especially the grits and shrimp!! And key lime pie. Great service from Shawn - and good to see Chris and Natalia tonight. Great food, great service, great company. :D

Magic Hour

Beach Comber
May 11, 2005
Had lunch at Shortys on Sunday afternoon. Chris was our server and very enthusiastic and helpful. We will go back because of him. The Lime soup is terrific and a great summer treat. Our group of four had the fish sandwich, both Mahi and Grouper, plus a childs plate with Mac and Cheese plus a grilled cheese. We asked Chris to bring the childs plate first and it was out of the kitchen rapidly.

Our only suggestion is to add the red beans and rice to the lunch menu to have another choice besides salad and sandwiches at lunch.

We will be back often. That upstairs view is stll great.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Sadly, no. There is a new restaurant open in the spot called Shortys. It gets good reviews on this site.

Shorty's is not D and K's (I miss them:cry:) ..but Shorty's rocks, very good food!!! Just left there!

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Shorty's is not D and K's (I miss them:cry:) ..but Shorty's rocks, very good food!!! Just left there!

Totally agree and the view is the same. :clap:

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The shrimp po boy for lunch is the best in town!

I agree! IMO, Shorty's fried shrimp are better than Dusty's, my previous favorite.

We had 2 nights in a row at Shorty's last week , and both great. Wednesday started with sushi on the beach- it was beautiful AND delicious. Then it was time for "Girls Night Out"- moms, aunts, 2 tween girls and 4 little girls, Shirley Temples and chardonnay, and great music by Jennifer and Balder.:love: (The men folk were having their annual BNO at Red Bar:roll:).

Thursday night was the whole gang- 8 adults, 6 kids, and Henry and staff were awesome. Everyone raved about the food- orders ranged from ceviche to fried shrimp, and big salads to blackened fish. All yum! And let me say again that we love the sushi!

Have seen quite a few locals in the place- the word is getting out!

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Natalia and Chris, from D&K, are still with Shorty's. It looks very different now but the food is good and the folks are friendly.

Natalia, Chris, good food and friendly folks, fabulous view=a recipe for sucess. :clap: