• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30abob

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
If you find yourself near Silver Sands around meal time you have to try Lin's. It's located in the Winn-Dixie shopping center beside Dollar General. I went for lunch today with three of my kids and my Mom who was passing through for the day (my other daughter and wife missed out). We tried the Oolong tea, all three of the soups, and several of the lunch specials. Everything was fantastic! Most of the dishes are Chinese in origin but there were several Thai dishes as well (note to Kurt). The General Tso's Chicken, one of my all-time favorite Chinese dishes:love:, was the best I've had in a very long time. The presentation of the food was excellent, they actual "set" the plate which isn't typical for strip center Chinese. The decor is also surprising given the shopping center it's located in, not over the top but very nice.:clap:

This place is destined to become one of my family's favorites, luckily it isn't too far from Blue Mountain!

For a more "professional" review I found an article on Freedom Publication's local online offering.

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
I agree! Service and food were good, and they did a good job with the renovation.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I have pumped up this place previously on this thread and have been back three times since. It was great each time. Best Asian food in the area IMO and the prices are right, too.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
we had take out there a few weeks ago - unfortunately, I did not enjoy the food. will try again though (the thai items were not up to par - so we will stay away from those next time).

New Jin Jin's at inlet beach/publix is the only fast food asian that I like around here. still, there is much better asian style food offered at several sit-down asian restaurants in the area - at least in my opinion. Shan Kishi is one of our new favorites (past pier park on left, in carabba grill center).

Last edited:

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Agreed (with the first 3 posts)- they know how to run a business there!!!
Consistency is key. Food is very good. Service is top notch even when they are really busy and seem short staffed.

Good restaurants make it look easy...

Highly recommend! 2 cents- G

Kayak Fish

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
Ate there tonight. The food was great and tasted much healthier than what you get at most places. They were pretty busy, and my only complaint is that at a certain point the service kind of fell off. They had a couple of big parties though and overall I would definitely recommend them to anyone. The prices are much better than Pf Chang's and as packed as that place gets Lin's is a no brainer IMO.

ElledgeL

Beach Comber
Jul 18, 2009
Seacrest Beach
We went to Lin's a while back and had the General Tso's Chicken and Thai Curry Chicken. The curry was pretty good but the General Tso's was the best I had had. Agreed with a note above.

Tonight we grabbed our neighbors and got off of 30A and went back. We ordered crab rangoon and pot stickers. They were outstanding. For dinner we ordered Moo Shu Pork, Orange Beef and General Tso's Chicken. The Moo Shu came out, then the "Orange Chicken" and were told that the beef was on it's way. We asked where the General Tso's Chicken was, that we did not order "Orange Chicken." The waitress told us that they were the same that this one just had oranges on the plate. We tasted it, it was Orange Chicken and we turned it back. One of my friends and I made a bet....we were right. She returned with the plate with the orange slices removed, some red pepper flakes added. It was a poor disguise of Orange Chicken stepping in for Gen Tso's.

All of the food was very good, however we never got our Gen Tso's Chicken......then main reason we went. It was dissappointing. Don't take me wrong, the food was good, just not what we ordered or reordered...there can be too much orange.

And please those who own and work in the business don't think that all of your customers have "Big S's" on their foreheads. Most people who like to go out to eat and return to good places are not "Stupid." We have a passion for food.

We will all return and only order Gen Tso's Chicken. I want my neighbors to experience some of the best.