• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Don't know if its true, but I heard County Administrator Ronnie Bell is retiring. Sorry to see him go, may be difficult in hiring someone from the outside in the current economic climate. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Don't know if its true, but I heard County Administrator Ronnie Bell is retiring. Sorry to see him go, may be difficult in hiring someone from the outside in the current economic climate. Any thoughts?

What's the salary--exlcuding the Family Health Insurance benefit?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I would venture a guess it would be in around 130,000 but wrobert or the WCTA would surely know.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I would venture a guess it would be in around 130,000 but wrobert or the WCTA would surely know.

...so why do you think it would be difficult to hire someone for a 130K + Family Medical Insurance benefits "in the current economic climate?"

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
With the current climate and the decisions that have to be made and the possibility of change in the political climate of the BCC it maybe best to avoid a job that may be politicized.

Floridaz

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2006
...so why do you think it would be difficult to hire someone for a 130K + Family Medical Insurance benefits "in the current economic climate?"

Maybe, if we are really lucky...the county will hire someone that works well with the commissioners in the further ripoff of our $$$$$...

Why would anyone not want to see these people go?:bang:

The high level officials of Walton County ARE the problem...

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
With the current climate and the decisions that have to be made and the possibility of change in the political climate of the BCC it maybe best to avoid a job that may be politicized.

...for 130K + Family Medical Insurance Benefits, I'll bet there's lots of outta work white collars around the panhandle who will look past those dalliances.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Maybe, hopefully they find someone qualified to do the job and perform the job at the direction of the BCC. Whoever it is hopefully its long term and not changed after each election for the sake of continuity.

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
With Gary Mattison, HR Director, ill and the County Adminstrator retiring, it will be worth watching to see the process of how the BCC hires the next person. Will there be a formal search process? Will they look at what qualifications and work experiences are needed for the position? This is a very important position to fill and will impact the quality of county government.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
And, FF 2, it was in the newspaper so it must be true! It was confirmed to me by a county commissioner as well.