• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Can anyone recommend the best place on 30a for soft shelled crabs? I have a date tonite who specifically requested these and I have no experience locally with this particular delicacy! We will also have two 9 year old girls with us, so that changes the dynamics a little too! lol Thanks for any input! :D

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
If you don't mind the short drive, Acme Oyster House in BayTowne (?) has great ones! That is always a fun place for kids too. :wave:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I don't go to Baytowne too often, but I thought I remember hearing that ACME had closed the Baytowne location. You might want to call first.

Chef Ed at Bud and Alley's, had a soft shell crab app special on the menu a month or so ago, and it was the best I've ever eaten.

Foodlover

Beach Fanatic
Oct 15, 2006
South Walton
Hi,

Here at Shorty's Surfside and Topside in Grayton Beach, we have a great Softshell Crab Entree for Dinner:

Henry’s Crab n’ Grits – 18.50
Henry’s favorite. A crispy fried jumbo soft shell crab over our cheese grits and drizzled with jalapeno b?arnaise sauce.

We also have a great kids menu for kids under 12 years old.

Kids’ Menu
(12 and under please.)
Served with Fries or baked Mac n’ Cheese.

5oz. Burger – 4.50
Grilled Chicken Sandwich – 3.75
Hot Pup – 3.25
PB & J Sandwich – 4.00
Grilled Cheese – 3.00

You can check out our Menus at: SHORTY'S SURFSIDE & TOPSIDE | GULF FRONT DINING AND LIBATIONS | GRAYTON BEACH FLORIDA

And we have live entertainment from Wednesday through Saturday from 7:00 'til . . . Tonight, Dan Hall will be performing!

Henry and Staff

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Shorty, that sounds fabulous!

Now, I'm craving soft shelled crabs - one of my favorite things to eat!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Nothing like a soft shell crab right out of the water. Puts oysters to shame. I've only done it once, but it was unreal on flavor.

I would definitely recommend Shorty's. Other places are great, but don't generally have them as set menu items.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Can anyone recommend the best place on 30a for soft shelled crabs? I have a date tonite who specifically requested these and I have no experience locally with this particular delicacy! We will also have two 9 year old girls with us, so that changes the dynamics a little too! lol Thanks for any input! :D

we HIGHLY recommend shorty's. if i liked soft shelled crabs . . . shorty's would be my choice. i actually ordered the grits and crab, and the BODY was good - just couldn't make myself eat the legs and FEET! ugh. not shorty's fault - it is in my head. or the crab's feet. anyway - shorty's is awesome, and i'm sure she will like the soft shelled crab. the grits are wonderful!! the kids should like it as well. :D

chefed

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Pt. Washington
Yep, I have Soft Shell Crabs on my menu tonight.

Crispy Fried Soft shell Crab with Old fashion Coleslaw, Aromatic Tomato Broth and Basil Aioli