• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Barbara

Beach Comber
Mar 13, 2009
Why people wait on line for the Red Bar is beyond me. Break out of your shell people and wake up to Shorty's. The food and service is awesome! Can't see why a menu that has been in place since 1995 is still a draw. Go to Shorty's and you'll discover a whole new world.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The Red Bar menu does change occasionally and they have specials. You don't have to dis one restaurant to rave about another.

oli

Mr. Potato Head's worst nightmare
Nov 18, 2004
Why people wait on line for the Red Bar is beyond me. Break out of your shell people and wake up to Shorty's. The food and service is awesome! Can't see why a menu that has been in place since 1995 is still a draw. Go to Shorty's and you'll discover a whole new world.

Don't be a hater barbara,there is room for everyone

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008

the red bar is a destination, not just a bar/restaurant. it has been there so much longer than shorty's, and it is unique, so it will always be a draw. i also love shorty's and encourage everyone to give it a try. part of the problem during season is that the red bar draws so many tourists, the parking to get to shorty's becomes almost non existent.

by the way, if barbara doesn't care for the red bar, that's her prerogative. i know some others that are not fond of their food. i happen to be a fan but it's okay not to be. there is room for everyone in the world of opinions.

Last edited:

Samuelsgran

Beach Lover
May 11, 2009
South Al
the red bar is a destination, not just a bar/restaurant. it has been there so much longer than shorty's, and it is unique, so it will always be a draw. i also love shorty's and encourage everyone to give it a try. part of the problem during season is that the red bar draws so many tourists, the parking to get to shorty's becomes almost non existent.

by the way, if barbara doesn't care for the red bar, that's her prerogative. i know some others that are not fond of their food. i happen to be a fan but it's okay not to be. there is room for everyone in the world of opinions.

My family loves Red Bar, Shorty's and Jambone....Isn't it wonderful to have such awesome :wave:choices??

Seagrovedude

Beach Lover
May 30, 2006
We love that we can turn south on 283 and dine at either one of our favorite spots. Red Bar has been a fave for years and Shorty's is a fun new hangout. Thanks for the great food and service Red Bar & Shorty's friends!!

Foodlover

Beach Fanatic
Oct 15, 2006
South Walton
So happy to know that people are enjoying Shorty's! We are working hard to offer another enjoyable option for dining in the 30-A area. Thank you! Just to set the record straight, we LOVE the Red Bar here at Shorty's -- The Red Bar has always been a favorite local watering hole of mine and I still love it! As Oli and others have already said -- there is room for all of us!

Henry

Last edited by a moderator:

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
Coming down on Friday and we have decided that we are just going to walk back and forth between the two, one drink at Shorty's, one drink at Red Bar, one appetizer at Shorty's, gumbo at Red Bar, two drinks at Shorty's, two drinks at Red Bar, dinner at Shorty's, dessert at Red Bar. I think we have a plan...... and a designated driver :) Looking forward to a wonderful week in Paradise and being lucky enough to have great choices in restaurants. Oh yes, Sunday Brunch is already been declared a FIRE brunch day.