• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Another sowaller mentioned something today. Yahoo has easy to create and manage groups.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Kick butt, Mermy!

They won't know what hit 'em. Although seriously speaking, I'm finding out much to my dismay that most vacation home owners don't want to know much about how their condo/cottage works. As long as they're not getting assessed out the wazoo, they want SoWal to be their vacation place and aren't interested in letting harsh reality intrude. I think I am an abberation because I think the behind-the-scenes stuff is fascinating.

Another sowaller mentioned something today. Yahoo has easy to create and manage groups.

This is so good to know and I thank you. Our manager has a website page for us but it's mostly going to be for posting the financials, the docs, and the minutes of the BOD meetings. If there's no place for a blog-type column, Yahoo could be an excellent communication tool!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
This is so good to know and I thank you. Our manager has a website page for us but it's mostly going to be for posting the financials, the docs, and the minutes of the BOD meetings. If there's no place for a blog-type column, Yahoo could be an excellent communication tool!

Yahoo is a message board with threads. You can moderate it similar to sowal. You can also approve people so that you don't just have whackos and cranks on there spamming you to death.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Yahoo is a message board with threads. You can moderate it similar to sowal. You can also approve people so that you don't just have whackos and cranks on there spamming you to death.

Unfortunately, you have to listen to your neighbors complain about the silliest stuff. Believe me, I've lurked on one of these things! :D ;-)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Unfortunately, you have to listen to your neighbors complain about the silliest stuff. Believe me, I've lurked on one of these things! :D ;-)

Yes, Betsy in 899 will keep starting a thread about Mrs. Schlitz's unsightly petunia's in her window box, but that's part of the funn of a condo board. ;-)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Yes, Betsy in 899 will keep starting a thread about Mrs. Schlitz's unsightly petunia's in her window box, but that's part of the funn of a condo board. ;-)

Uh, the one I lurked on had bigger problems, like trash can cribs. :rotfl:

P.S. Watch out...when Madam Secretary Mermy finds that checkbook...things will be flying over there!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Uh, the one I lurked on had bigger problems, like trash can cribs. :rotfl:

P.S. Watch out...when Madam Secretary Mermy finds that checkbook...things will be flying over there!

Okay it's time for idle chit chat.

I'm betting that check book is somewhere next to the Arc of the Covenant.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
I second the idea to make sure board members have adequate insurance. Good luck!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Okay it's time for idle chit chat.

I'm betting that check book is somewhere next to the Arc of the Covenant.

Hey, Mermsydoodle...

Found the stash o' cas, yet? :dunno: