• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Interesting take on it -- always after the savings. Did it ever occur to your group that maybe the SO is underpaid? You hint at that, but if that is the case, making it right will cost more money, not save $240,000.

If that were the case why is it that Adkinson appears to have no trouble hiring highly qualified, skilled professionals to do the job at the current rate of pay?

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
WCTA, where does Sonny Mares, Ex. Director of the TDC, fall into the top salaries paid for the county?

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
Interesting take on it -- always after the savings. Did it ever occur to your group that maybe the SO is underpaid? You hint at that, but if that is the case, making it right will cost more money, not save $240,000.

I stated a potential savings only for a point of reference to the salaries of CE vs LEO.

The salary range in Bay County for CE Offficers is $35,351 to $40,978.

The salary range in Walton County for CE Officers is $39,769 to $52,664.

They do have training and certification requirements that they must meet, but they are paid by the County.

You should draw your own conclusions concerning who is more important to your safety and well being.

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
WCTA, where does Sonny Mares, Ex. Director of the TDC, fall into the top salaries paid for the county?

These are the Top 10 (Excludes Constitutional Offices)

County Administrator $ 121,091
Financial Director $ 108,902
Assistant County Administrator $ 106,952
Planning Director $ 105,000 (Was $128,209 until Reorganization)
Plans Review Engineer $ 101,747
Construction Director $ 98,097
TDC Executive Director $ 93,350
Building Dept Director $ 92,453
Public Works Director $ 91,605

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Completely forgot about this position. I feel that I am highly qualified to move into this office should it become vacant.

County Commission Jr. Party Chief $35,895.00

I wanted to be a smartass to begin with, but then I got side tracked.

P.S. Can anyone tell me what this person really does?

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
The last payroll chart I saw a year or 2 ago had all the salaries posted. Curious to know the rest of the story. Some of the individuals making less than $15 hour had been working with the county for about 30 years! I think we need to reevaluate our priorities and take care of our people first!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Completely forgot about this position. I feel that I am highly qualified to move into this office should it become vacant.

I wanted to be a smartass to begin with, but then I got side tracked.

P.S. Can anyone tell me what this person really does?

I think that was for survey crew, I could be wrong though.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
The last payroll chart I saw a year or 2 ago had all the salaries posted. Curious to know the rest of the story. Some of the individuals making less than $15 hour had been working with the county for about 30 years! I think we need to reevaluate our priorities and take care of our people first!

Did it have the years of service attached for the last one?