• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ljzelenz

Beach Crab
Aug 6, 2009
Hello, Can anyone please describe the differences ? Are you able to park your car for the week and walk to eat, etc ? Thanks

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Yeah, if you want to rent a bike they won't allow outside vendors to deliver at Rosemary, if you don't live/ stay there are some who would prefer you not walk your dogs in the common areas.

lerxst

Beach Fanatic
Jul 24, 2008
Rosemary beach is a traditional neighborhood development (TND) like Seaside, with restaurants, shops, rental homes and some permanent residences. Rosemary is roughly a 108 acre development designed with the 5 minute walk in mind. (everything is within a 5 minute walk)

Seagrove is more of a town with rental homes, restaurants, condos, permanent residences etc. As far as parking, it depends where you are actually staying for the week.

hope this helps.

Last edited:

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
Seagrove has a few condo's, one high rise, rental beach homes and walking distance beach houses, restaurants, some retail and a place to park where you stay or shop/dine, and the beaches are usually uncrowded, allow umbrella and chair rentals, bike rentals, etc. Rosemary is triple beach chair and umbrella, crowded beach, but has scenic walkways many of sand, with designated parking and driving streets and pedestrian streets, some dining and limited retail. Since Starbucks has closed up, we rarely find any reason to visit, often finding a noticeable "feeling" of snootiness in some cases. WE love Inlet Beach but there is no community here, just a lovely beach, laidback renters, the Inlet (now and then) and longtime (usually) owners. That's why we bought here when we could've bought anywhere we chose. IMHO.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Since you mentioned limited mobility Rosemary would probably be the better option as things are closer together and shorter distance. Seagrove is more of an old beach town feel and a lot more laid back.

John T

Beach Comber
May 17, 2008
My wife and I stay in Seagrove every time we come to 30A. I think there is much more to see and do within a " walkable" distance than Rosemary. If you add bicycles ,you have even more places within a reasonable distance, than Rosemary. The sand roads of Seagrove are very interesting, you are near the corner market for good food, Seaside and Watercolor are within walking distance, and bikes would make Grayton Beach and state park feasible. We sometimes drive to Rosemary , park the car, and walk around the development, and that is a lot of fun.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
I can't describe the difference but I can tell you that I WAY prefer Seagrove and everyone that lives here to Rosemary.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
Rosemary seems very snooty to me, too....but why I have no idea. Same beach, same sun, same 30A. We had lunch at Wild Olive (?) last summer and it was okay, nothing special. The people dining around us were quite amusing to watch with their big ol' sunglasses and expensive outfits. I was soooo happy to get back on my bike and ride back to Grayton.....
I don't think I could ever stay in Rosemary....I don't think my bathing suits are expensive enough.

Last edited:

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Odd, I have never picked up that "snooty" feeling in Rosemary. (Live in Seagrove, for what that's worth). Summer Kitchen is a great place, nothing snooty about it -- please see this new review --

Summer Kitchen Cafe - Restaurant Review by Bruce Collier - The Beachcomber Newspaper - Destin, Fort Walton Beach - Entertainment, Nightlife, Restaurant Guide, Dining, Music, Editorial,

It's a great family owned and operated business, and yes, that is my son Peter mentioned in the review (insert proud Mama smile here), and yes I am longtime friends with owners James and Miriam Dillon.

I never went in the Starbucks (part of my effort to support local mom and pops in preference to chains), but I love the new Amavida in Rosemary. Best iced jasmine tea I ever tasted, did not need sugar or lemon or anything, it was perfect just as served. Owners are

Seagrove is pretty wonderful too, and there's no better place for a burger or fried seafood on 30A than the Seagrove Village Market; proximity to Seaside's attractions from old Seagrove is handy too. Including the Seaside Amavida.

I think it's a matter of preference -- you can get around on foot and by bike to plenty of fun and interesting stuff from either Seagrove or Rosemary...

Mobility issues might make the dirt streets of Seagrove troublesome, especially if muddy or very dry. Rosemary is paved. I think someone is renting wheelchairs now with giant tires that can handle deep sand...

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
Odd, I have never picked up that "snooty" feeling in Rosemary. (Live in Seagrove, for what that's worth). Summer Kitchen is a great place, nothing snooty about it -- please see this new review --

Summer Kitchen Cafe - Restaurant Review by Bruce Collier - The Beachcomber Newspaper - Destin, Fort Walton Beach - Entertainment, Nightlife, Restaurant Guide, Dining, Music, Editorial,

It's a great family owned and operated business, and yes, that is my son Peter mentioned in the review (insert proud Mama smile here), and yes I am longtime friends with owners James and Miriam Dillon.

I never went in the Starbucks (part of my effort to support local mom and pops in preference to chains), but I love the new Amavida in Rosemary. Best iced jasmine tea I ever tasted, did not need sugar or lemon or anything, it was perfect just as served. Owners are

Seagrove is pretty wonderful too, and there's no better place for a burger or fried seafood on 30A than the Seagrove Village Market; proximity to Seaside's attractions from old Seagrove is handy too. Including the Seaside Amavida.

I think it's a matter of preference -- you can get around on foot and by bike to plenty of fun and interesting stuff from either Seagrove or Rosemary...

Mobility issues might make the dirt streets of Seagrove troublesome, especially if muddy or very dry. Rosemary is paved. I think someone is renting wheelchairs now with giant tires that can handle deep sand...

We'll be giving Summer Kitchen a try while we're there. Thanks for posting it.:wave: