• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
I was totally satisfied with my i-Phone and AT&T, now spotty signals and very late voice mails. Sometimes I get my Voice mail hours after a message is left. Shall we boycott until they get it fixed? Anyone else having the same problems? Time to make some noise!!!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Not sure if it's a solution, but when I worked at Nextel we had to repeated tell people to power cycle the phone once a day (turn it off and on). Also a fix for delayed voice mail notification was to send an urgent text message. Generally text messaging and voice mail are in the same sub system.

I've heard tons of complaints on it lately and it could just be an overloaded system. :dunno:

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
This has been going on for a while now - I've heard a couple of different explanations as to why:

-there is a tower out of service in Destin, which is being replaced
-AT&T is bringing 3G to our area, and the changeover is causing issues
-the new software update has a bug in it

I have no idea if any of these are true, but I know that everyone I know with an iphone in the area is having problems. I have been getting delayed calls and voice mails, and sometimes texts - any missed calls don't show up until I make a call, and the voice mails and texts sometimes take days to show up. If I try to listen to a voice mail by just hitting "play", nothing happens; I have to call myself and push * when my greeting comes on to hear any messages.

My problems seemed to start earlier than some people (this has been going on for 2 months for me), and maybe they are resolving sooner too (again, I have no idea why this is...) As of the past few days, I am now getting all my calls and texts immediately, and voice mails show up (visually) immediately too, although I still have to call in manually to listen to them.

Despite the problems in service, I still love my iphone. Keep bugging AT&T, sooner or later they will fix it completely.

IdeaMark

Beach Comber
Jun 9, 2009
Seagrove
www.IdeaMark.net
I have heard the same complaints from other AT&T users. Someone talked with AT&T, and they said they were aware of a problem but it won't be fixed until November. They wouldn't say what the issue was.

I have Sprint and am very happy with the service. I've heard a lot of good things about Verizon/Altell too.

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Iphone problems

I have had all the issues mentioned in the previous posts with my iphone. Generally I can fix almost all the problems by powering the phone off and then on. Not sure why this works but it does. Otherwise it is the best phone I have ever had.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I was totally satisfied with my i-Phone and AT&T, now spotty signals and very late voice mails. Sometimes I get my Voice mail hours after a message is left. Shall we boycott until they get it fixed? Anyone else having the same problems? Time to make some noise!!![/quote]

If you haven't had problems until now, consider yourself lucky! I've been dealing with this on and off for the past two months. The company line is: the towers are overloaded with all the tourists in town, and turn your phone off and back on once daily. Sure makes it hard for those of us trying to conduct business via phone. :dunno:

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
I've been having these problems since about mid-May (see any obvious connection there??).

I've spent 6 hours on the phone with ATT so far and when it comes to speaking with the national customer service line... no words. They repeatedly claim that there is no problem. It's apparently all in my head. They go on and on about how there are no plans for 3G in this area, there are no tower changes/repairs/replacements/etc... planned or taking place now or any time in the future. I've been through 4 "levels" of support with them and they are completely, utterly worthless.

Well, if you call the local store, the poor people there seem to be overwhelmed with complaints. They know much more about what's going on. They seem as frustrated with it as I am and they basically said the people at the national CS line are totally clueless. 3G is supposed to be here in November. Towers have been messed with (a temp tower put up in prep for 3G?) and are not capable of handling the congestion. They have no idea when it will be fixed, but it should be "better" once the majority of tourists clear out... I've already seen improvements this week.

I'm SO angry about the whole thing as I've lost two contracts because of it. I don't get phone calls, voicemails show up days later (24-48 hours sometimes), and checking emails is pointless. I've had several clients say they should've chucked their phones out the window at the state line because they're almost useless down here.

Everyone who is experiencing this problem needs to call ATT's main customer service line. Call the Destin store too. Oh, and check your voicemail manually every hour or two by holding down 1 on the keypad, because notifications just aren't coming through.

LivinEasy

Beach Comber
Mar 23, 2007
Seacrest
I have been using Sprint for years, but just recently got an iphone to use for work (and because I thought they were cool). My iphone and AT&T service around here are basically useless. The visual voicemail on my iphone doesn't waork at all, but it perfect on my sprint touch screen phone. My service constantly goes in and out when I am sitting perfectly still in my office. I called AT&T on friday and spoke with a technician for over an hour. I had my iphone and another persons so that they could not tell me that it was issues with my phone and not their service. The technician could not believe how long it took for CNN to open up on the phones. He had me try another couple websites and then agreed that it is completely unacceptable. SUPPOSEDLY (this is what they told me) they would be sending engineers out to our area early this week to work on the situation, and I should be hearing back from them within 5 business days.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Would the answer to be to plunk down a big, tall cell phone tower somewhere in the center of 30-A?

Dia

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2008
www.imagesbydia.com
I had decided to get the iPhone, but now you guys are making me nervous.

The Palm Pre from Sprint is starting to look attractive now...