• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalRealtor

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2009
A few weeks ago I had a bike stolen right out of my driveway in the broad daylight. I filed a sheriff's report. Since then, two other bikes have showed up in my neighborhood and left. I called the sheriff to report the "found" bikes, neither were reported stolen, but, he told me it happens all the time along 30A. Today, I noticed another bike left on the sidewalk and has been there all day. If it's there tomorrow, I'll report it too. So, if you've had a bike stolen please respond and describe it. I still have the other two in my garage and would love to find their owner. Wish I could find mine, it's a pink single speed beach cruiser.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
I've heard this has been an issue to some degree but I leave my bike unattended quite frequently, especially at bike stands at beach access areas or in Seaside. I sometimes wonder if it will be there when I get back.

The other night there was a group of younger kids, well adults I guess, it gets harder to tell as I age. Anyway, they just looked the part. And sure enough, this group seemed to have there way with the beach chairs offered by a vendor in the area.

As much as I don't like to think this area can have that element, with numbers of people here, odds increase. I guess that goes for people who throw their beer cans on the beach, leave their cigarette butts in the sand along with loads of other things. I guess true paradise doesn't fully exist.

*** :cool: Putting on my investigative hat... to me, it sounds like the person who stole your bike lives or has been vacationing in your neighborhood. Your bike may have been stolen when they were going to the beach. The two bikes you found were deposited when they came home. Makes sense to me. Good luck with the pink bike. Hope you can catch the guy so no one else has to be depressed by their wickedness.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
yes....2 bikes stolen in June....Seagrove

I just copied this from my post of 6-06-09. If by any miracle the bikes you have discovered fit this description, please do PM me....that would make some fellas very happy!!

2 Trek bikes were stolen Saturday night/early Sunday morning on No. Ryan St. in Summer's Edge/Seagrove.

One is a TREK Mountain Bike Black & Gray.

The other is a TREK 7.1 Gray.

:sosad: So sorry about your bike and I so hope you get your pink bike back....my cruiser is also pink....and I would not be happy if "she" disappeared!!

beach lover

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
I had a bike stolen a few weeks ago(just had my tire repaired that day )off my front porch in Seagrove. My husband's bike was right there also, but not taken. Mine is a girls candy apple red 21 speed, I believe a Jamis. I don't get to ride as often as I would like , so don't look at the name as much. I do miss it, wish someone has found it.

Groovegirls

Beach Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
I have a theory that young uns with no wheels take advantage of the oppurtunity for a free ride and then ditch the bikes when they get where they are going. Its a sad thing but, but a bike chain would deter most of this activity.

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
I've seen bikes lying under the bridges in the marshy areas of WaterColor. Appears they were dumped when the "fun" was over. My daughter's mid-size bike was stolen from a Seaside bike rack in April. Not a huge loss as far as bike's go, but disheartening nonetheless. We'll buy some locks next time. Interesting that my husband's expensive bike was parked next to hers and was left untouched.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I have a theory that young uns with no wheels take advantage of the oppurtunity for a free ride and then ditch the bikes when they get where they are going. Its a sad thing but, but a bike chain would deter most of this activity.

That is what happens in DFS. People get tired of walking, see a bike, take it and use to get to their destination and it is found later on several blocks away.

I've heard this has been an issue to some degree but I leave my bike unattended quite frequently, especially at bike stands at beach access areas or in Seaside. I sometimes wonder if it will be there when I get back.

The other night there was a group of younger kids, well adults I guess, it gets harder to tell as I age. Anyway, they just looked the part. And sure enough, this group seemed to have there way with the beach chairs offered by a vendor in the area.

As much as I don't like to think this area can have that element, with numbers of people here, odds increase. I guess that goes for people who throw their beer cans on the beach, leave their cigarette butts in the sand along with loads of other things. I guess true paradise doesn't fully exist.

*** :cool: Putting on my investigative hat... to me, it sounds like the person who stole your bike lives or has been vacationing in your neighborhood. Your bike may have been stolen when they were going to the beach. The two bikes you found were deposited when they came home. Makes sense to me. Good luck with the pink bike. Hope you can catch the guy so no one else has to be depressed by their wickedness.
There are a lot of bad kids hanging out in Seaside, including some locals. They befriended the young teenagers of a friend of mine whose family was vacationing at the beach, found out where their house was, and stole a couple of thousand dollars worth of surfboards in what I'd call a very secure area. They also had plenty of marijuana and cigarettes and offered it to the kids.

Parents, don't let your young teens hang out at night unsupervised at Seaside. These bad kids are roaming around like sharks.

Maybe Seaside needs a security officer with a drug-sniffing dog to patrol the place at night during the "high" (pardon the pun) season.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
There are a lot of bad kids hanging out in Seaside, including some locals. They befriended the young teenagers of a friend of mine whose family was vacationing at the beach, found out where their house was, and stole a couple of thousand dollars worth of surfboards in what I'd call a very secure area. They also had plenty of marijuana and cigarettes and offered it to the kids.

Parents, don't let your young teens hang out at night unsupervised at Seaside. These bad kids are roaming around like sharks.

Maybe Seaside needs a security officer with a drug-sniffing dog to patrol the place at night during the "high" (pardon the pun) season.

Bad kids with drugs can wonder freely around Seaside, but try it toting a 35MM camera.