• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
Hey everyone! I haven't spent a lot of time checking to see if this has been posted, but, oh well, the more posts, the better...

Congressman Boyd is going to grace this part of his district with a visit!

Have to smile .. what is the definition of "this part of his district?"

There are numerous other places but none in Walton or our neighbor to the west Okaloosa where his district reaches, too.

Glad you and others can go east to Bay County and ask questions!

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
Bay County has always been in his district. The FL legislature gerrymandered a slice of his district east of Tallahassee and added South Walton and Destin.

I wonder how many Tricare and Medicare recipients will be protesting government health care?

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Have to smile .. what is the definition of "this part of his district?"

There are numerous other places but none in Walton or our neighbor to the west Okaloosa where his district reaches, too.

Glad you and others can go east to Bay County and ask questions!

Boyd has represented Sowal since 2003 I believe.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
supercollider, you don't stand a chance in hell at getting past question #1, but good luck. Hope the tazer doesn't hurt too much.

Lane Rees

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2006
Boyd has represented Sowal since 2003 I believe.

This is sowal ... point being that when someone writes about Boyd being in "this part of his district" .. sowal is not in Bay County. To be in this part of the district, he needs to come to South Walton.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
This is sowal ... point being that when someone writes about Boyd being in "this part of his district" .. sowal is not in Bay County. To be in this part of the district, he needs to come to South Walton.
He is my Congressional House Representative. While I understand what you are saying, he can only hold so many forums. I will gladly drive to PC to attend.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
He has an office in Panama City for Christ's sake.

I wonder how many Tricare and Medicare recipients will be there protesting government sponsored health care?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
He has an office in Panama City for Christ's sake.

I wonder how many Tricare and Medicare recipients will be there protesting government sponsored health care?
We are intelligent enough and informed enough to know that Medicare and Tricare are government programs. I have read almost every post concerning the healthcare issue and have seen none that indicate there is not a need for healthcare reform. Healthcare reform is a far cry from a one size fits all universal healthcare system.
BTW, SWGB, Medicare begins at age 65 not 64 in regards to your siggy line.

seanote

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2007
We are intelligent enough and informed enough to know that Medicare and Tricare are government programs. I have read almost every post concerning the healthcare issue and have seen none that indicate there is not a need for healthcare reform. Healthcare reform is a far cry from a one size fits all universal healthcare system.
BTW, SWGB, Medicare begins at age 65 not 64 in regards to your siggy line.

The current health care reform bill would not create a universal, one size fits all healthcare system. It would create an insurance exchange that would allow people to search for policies at competitive rates. There would be a public option within that exchange to provide competition with for profit insurance companies.

People on this board may realize that Medicare and Tricare are government run programs, but if you think that the majority of the town hall protesters realize this, you haven't been watching or listening to the news.