• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
that's pretty incredible. i'd much rather witness that than jessica simpson and/or KC.:roll:

Last edited:

gbdreams

Beach Comber
Nov 27, 2004
Grayton Beach
That is so cool, and goes to show there's so much beneath the surface that we're missing when we sit on the beach and just look at the waves coming in from the Gulf.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
I was in its mouth! No really. Somebody hook a brother up. I've been seeing some neat stuff and sure, I found around 15 golf balls in the Gulf today, but a Whale shark? That's exclusive.

If anyone has any idea or dibs on where I can maybe get out to them in a kayak or other means, let me know 985-860-2377. I'm crossing my fingers for a camera soon and would love that kind of adrenailne footage.

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Five Whale Sharks appeared just offshore from Grayton Beach, Florida in the first week of August in 2009. They remained in the local waters for two days. Many of the people chartering Grayton Beach fishing boats and one group of divers photographed and swam with the whales during the two-day event. A Whale Shark is not a whale (mammal) but is a gentle, non-dangerous, filter-feeding shark that is the largest living fish species.

James Griffith, a local firefighter/diver in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida captured the beautiful underwater video. The large school of bigger fish swimming with the whale shark are cobia.

Thanks to Edmond Alexander and James Griffith.

YouTube - Whale Sharks of Grayton Beach

Thanks Kurt for sending this! That is amazing footage and so cool! Clever way to get me out of my slump and force me to post!! I miss all of you guys and think of you often. I guess its time for me to stop in more often! :D

beachwanabe

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Missouri
I can't thank SoWal.com enough. To get a notification about such a great event, sharing with all of us. I feel like I am part of SoWal all the time..... Thanks to all that post.