• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

AliKat

Beach Comber
Jul 26, 2007
Mimosas at Red Bar on Sundays, monarch butterflys in early fall, friends that I have met along the way, a long bike ride down 30A, the dunes that look like snow covered mountains, "that small town feel", a glass of wine and apps on the beach at sunset, being lucky enough that life has lead me to live here...the list could go on and on.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
When I moved here from Washington State a long time ago I'd never seen white sand, only snow. I love the sand. I also love the crabs, the gulf fishing, and running through Grayton State park and enjoying the wildlife. There are so many beautiful, beautiful ........ people can be strange, however ,enjoying the strange beauty that surrounds us on 30a, priceless!

Oh my what a huge change coming all that way! How you got here from there is probably quite a story.

Amazing you'd only seen snow - sand does look like it doesn't it??

G

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Mimosas at Red Bar on Sundays, monarch butterflys in early fall, friends that I have met along the way, a long bike ride down 30A, the dunes that look like snow covered mountains, "that small town feel", a glass of wine and apps on the beach at sunset, being lucky enough that life has lead me to live here...the list could go on and on.

Never been to Red Bar on Sunday, looking forward to butterflies in fall, have already made great friends, have yet to take bike ride on 30A, LOVE the rolling dunes and YES, the small town feel is very appealing, have seen gorgeous sunset and LOVE your list. Great insight to why this place is unique and has also lead me to live here.

Thanks for great post and love your name btw alikat! :D

G

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Finally catching up on these great posts! Please keep them coming! I love it here as no one talks politics, etc... just a thread sanctuary so to speak!

G

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I love making plans to do a lot of things (e.g., concerts and movies at Seaside and Rosemary Beach, Friday night appetizers and wine at Alys Beach and Wild Olives, things like that) and then forgetting to do them because we're happy enough being at the pool, beach, and porch.

I love it that the airline lost my suitcase and didn't deliver it for a few days and I didn't miss it at all because I had my bathing suit and contact lenses in my carry-on luggage - nice to know I didn't need anything else!

I love the quiet, early mornings at the beach with a good book, the sunsets, swimming in the ocean on hot August days, watching kids looking for snow crabs at sunset, watching the beach change over and over again after each hurricane/storm (knowing that Mother Nature will bring all the sand back sooner or later), and SoWal.com.

I love the grouper sandwich at Georges, their clever frog sign with the light shaped like a fly, and our waiter last Thursday named Miko from Poland. One of the best waiters I've ever come across - so good we came back the next day. And I love the new donut truck at Alys beach - really good donuts.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I love making plans to do a lot of things (e.g., concerts and movies at Seaside and Rosemary Beach, Friday night appetizers and wine at Alys Beach and Wild Olives, things like that) and then forgetting to do them because we're happy enough being at the pool, beach, and porch.

I love it that the airline lost my suitcase and didn't deliver it for a few days and I didn't miss it at all because I had my bathing suit and contact lenses in my carry-on luggage - nice to know I didn't need anything else!

I love the quiet, early mornings at the beach with a good book, the sunsets, swimming in the ocean on hot August days, watching kids looking for snow crabs at sunset, watching the beach change over and over again after each hurricane/storm (knowing that Mother Nature will bring all the sand back sooner or later), and SoWal.com.

I love the grouper sandwich at Georges, their clever frog sign with the light shaped like a fly, and our waiter last Thursday named Miko from Poland. One of the best waiters I've ever come across - so good we came back the next day. And I love the new donut truck at Alys beach - really good donuts.

Your post almost took my breath away! :love: Honestly, I can see why you love it because you "feel" it.

Can't wait to eat at Georges and have evenings to sit back and just watch the beach and water with nothing else to do.

Wonderful post Paula :wave:

G

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
I love that I don't have to leave to be "ON VACATION". I live Life, and work, in Paradise! It isn't about money, or "doing", but in living, and "being". I am, therefore I enjoy........