• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

coastal-edge

Beach Comber
Jul 21, 2009
www.coastal-edge.com
Five Whale Sharks appeared just offshore from Grayton Beach, Florida in the first week of August in 2009. They remained in the local waters for two days. Many of the people chartering Grayton Beach fishing boats and one group of divers photographed and swam with the whales during the two-day event. A Whale Shark is not a whale (mammal) but is a gentle, non-dangerous, filter-feeding shark that is the largest living fish species.

James Griffith, a local firefighter/diver in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida captured the beautiful underwater video. The large school of bigger fish swimming with the whale shark are cobia.

Thanks to Edmond Alexander and James Griffith.

YouTube - Whale Sharks of Grayton Beach

Thanks Kurt for the post, and to Edmond Alexander and James Griffith for capturing the moment for us all... the music and videography were very well done! :clap:

Cheapet4

Beach Lover
Apr 3, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach,Florida
I bet that was just to awesome for them to swim an to see how beautiful an amazing those animals are & to be so close to shore!!! All I can say is ..WOW...!!!! I would have loved to be there~!:clap:

LaRita

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2009
Whale Shark

Five Whale Sharks appeared just offshore from Grayton Beach, Florida in the first week of August in 2009. They remained in the local waters for two days. Many of the people chartering Grayton Beach fishing boats and one group of divers photographed and swam with the whales during the two-day event. A Whale Shark is not a whale (mammal) but is a gentle, non-dangerous, filter-feeding shark that is the largest living fish species.

James Griffith, a local firefighter/diver in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida captured the beautiful underwater video. The large school of bigger fish swimming with the whale shark are cobia.

Thanks to Edmond Alexander and James Griffith.

YouTube - Whale Sharks of Grayton Beach

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I'm making my first visit to Grayton Beach in September and I was already excited but this is beyond all my dreams! I'm an ocean lover that's been landlocked for way too long! Your video reminded me to breathe and dream! Thanks again! LaRita

EZTekDirect

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2007
Amazing!

What a spectacular event to have witnessed. Thank you so much for the incredible video. I had been a resident down in Seagrove since 2001 and stuck here in Dallas this summer. I can't wait to get back. Wish I hadn't missed that but that awesome video sure helps.

rue

Beach Crab
May 6, 2008
MS
Thank you soooo much for this! I wish I was there!!!

missing the action...somewhere in Ms..