• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The report from a JOE rep, yesterday, was that Nashville will likely be a secondary hub for the PCB airport. He also said that the TDC taxes going to the airport will be part of what enables the discount airline to charge $99 flights to places like Vegas (I think he was speaking in general terms, rather than saying that we would have flights to Vegas). He also noted that, though it is not official, the PCB airport may have direct flights to London, and seasonal flights to Canada.

Other than that, I didn't hear anything new about the airport, but did enjoy seeing RiverCamps (a JOE development) -- I really like it, but the no-see-ums were not out (fortunately). It can be a real be-otch when they are out.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I was wondering about that too. Sounds like SW was trying to increase their number of jets, and now may have to pay more to get them.

bdub

Beach Lover
Jan 29, 2008
I was wondering about that too. Sounds like SW was trying to increase their number of jets, and now may have to pay more to get them.

I don think SW was interested in the jets -- but probably in the landing slots and in picking up a bunch of experienced personnel. Southwest ONLY flies the Boeing 737, one of the ways it has always been able to keep maintenence costs under control. Frontier operated mostly Airbus aircraft.

Not clear exactly what Gary Kelly was up to in the Frontier talks, but the only reason the whole thing did not come together was because the Southwest pilots could not come work things out with the Frontier pilots union on things like seniority, etc.

I admit to be a big fan of "the People's Airline." This is gonna be huge -- and if my intel is right, the announcement is not far away.

Last edited: