• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JustBeachy

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2005
Blue Mtn. Beach
Not that I really need the excuse to head down to Sowal, but it would probably be the wise thing to head down and put up the shutters tomorrow, right?

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Whew! :blink: Kinda gusty out there!

Strong winds definitely coming in from the east. I'm sitting on the third floor listening to the east side of our house get hammered by rain and gusts. I think I will be heading downstairs soon. The third floor is shaking a bit. It's not terrifyingly bad, but it's bad enough for me to know I don't want to be here during a real storm.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Whew! :blink: Kinda gusty out there!

Strong winds definitely coming in from the east. I'm sitting on the third floor listening to the east side of our house get hammered by rain and gusts. I think I will be heading downstairs soon. The third floor is shaking a bit. It's not terrifyingly bad, but it's bad enough for me to know I don't want to be here during a real storm.

Hang on TFT!!:wave:

enfuego

Beach Lover
May 10, 2007
Paradise
Not that I really need the excuse to head down to Sowal, but it would probably be the wise thing to head down and put up the shutters tomorrow, right?

Next two days will tell us more about Ana and Bill. I would wait on that before I rushed down. Unless you really need a beach fix...oops need to get shutters up:D

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Hang on TFT!!:wave:

28_2_2.gif

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It started to gust about an hour ago. It's about 30 to 40. A good storm will pressure wash the whole shebang and the seashore should look immaculate by late morning. The sun is gonna shine and those nuts on the political forum will perhaps have just shut up for a while. :blush:

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
Just got the first truly scary, house shaking gust about a minute ago. Otherwise it's just wind and rain as usual.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Just got home from a friends house. Drove from Grayton to Seagrove lots of pine needles on the road and a few palm fronds. Drove down to see the beach and currently it's about half way up the beach. The pine trees are blowing pretty good, but no debris except for a skim board in the road.