• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
Atlanta boater presumed dead in Fla.*| ajc.com

Atlanta boater presumed dead in Fla.

Dinghy, footprints found on Shell Island

By Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Florida officials have called off a search for an Atlanta native missing since Sunday afternoon, an apparent victim of Tropical Storm Claudette.
Enlarge photo

Terry Barner,The News Herald/AP The 36-foot-long Morning Star sits empty in St. Andrew Bay along the Gulf of Mexico near Panama City, Fla., while a U.S. Coast Guard boat guards the scene on Monday.

Enlarge photo

Terry Barner, The News Herald, Pa/AP Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Lt. Jay Chesser talks on a cellular phone on Monday with acquaintances of a Georgia man who is presumed dead after he left this 36-foot sailboat when it ran aground Sunday during the height of Tropical Storm Claudette.

Donald Hoyt said his son, Cambren Hoyt, 45, is presumed dead. ?He died trying to save others,? said the elder Hoyt, of Atlanta.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
Thats what I thought too, ASH, which is why I posted it. I checked four different local news outlets, hoping they had found this guy.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
when you walk in mud, your footprints will be there when it dries. I live on a dirt road and i've seen my little girls prints where the rain puddles even though the puddles have been gone for days.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Seems really odd that this hasn't hit the local news.

It was on Channel 7 Panama City the past couple of days.