• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dana_blackburn

Beach Crab
Aug 21, 2009
Hello Fellow Members!
My 17 year old daughter recommended I check into this site. So I have registered.
She thought it would be a good way for me to post my qualifications for a decent job as I am having the worst time of it!
The gift shop I worked at for two years isnt doing well, and my boss could no longer afford an employee. So, without warning I was cut down to two days a week and then let go.
For three weeks I have filled out applications, and had to leave them for someone to look over. Trying to get feedback from these applications getting me nowhere while I have to leave messages that go unreturned.
I have secretarial experience from the two years that I worked for Dr Ed McNamara when he was in San Destin.
I have book keeping experience with QuickBooks from when I worked for Extreme Storm Protection in Santa Rosa Beach.
I have retail experience from Coastal Treasures gift shop in SRB where I did purchase and receiving, ran the register, tagged and organized inventory, and data entry in QuickBooks Premier. In June I ran the store for 21 days in a row while my boss was sick and surpassed her goal for the month by nearly $700. I love to sell! But I cannot afford to work for commision only or invest in anything right now.
The gift shop has been my summer job for the past couple of years and painting the rest of the cooler months. Yes, Im a painter too, having experience in trim & rolling for a painting contractor!
Hey, I love living here, and dont mind working hard to do so! Just dont take away my entire weekend and Im yours! Hhaha!
Curiously
Danna

Might have something up your alley

Hi Danna

My Family and I live in south MS and we have been building a carriage house in SRB over the past several months. I think we will get our certificate of occupancy next week but the house will still need some finish painting (primarily interior - some exterior). The house is next to Bastide and Elmos Grill on the West end of 30-A if you want to go by and take a look. We (me, wife and 3 kids) will be there this weekend if you want to come by and see what we need done. If you would like to give me a call my number is 228-342-3590.

On another note I don't blame you for loving to live in SRB. We are trying to find a way to move over there ourselves but for now we are grateful to have a weekend carriage house.

I don't know you from Adam but I like your initiative and good communication skills. Hope we can help each other out.

P.S.

you can be sure I wont take your weekend because thats when we plan to be there. :D:D

Take care and God bless

Ben Powell
49 Tanglewood Dr.

waterdog

Beach Lover
Mar 14, 2009
Am looking for someone to help me sell china, antiques, "stuff". If you worked in retail you would no doubt know how to do this. This would be part time only and would involve good computer skills and a digital camera to take pics to show to antique dealers--maybe e-bay. If interested please PM me. Willing to negotiate on pay. Thanks!

lsucajuns

Beach Lover
Jun 10, 2008
Dune Allen
hendersonscott66.wix.com
I am looking for a 3rd Key person, with an hourly rate + comm. Drop me an PM if you wnat more info.