• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ricklys

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2008
Rosemary Beach
We lived in California for over 50 years, never had a home, office, or vehicle burglary. Last night in Rosemary Beach some
skank(s) got into our car which was sitting our driveway (unlocked) :bang: and stole stuff from the glove box (owners manual, purchase documents, registration and insurance card) and a few CDs. Nothing valuable, just a slight hassle to replace. We are thankful it was just that and no vandalism. We know that the stuff is thrown in the weeds someplace, especially the CDs because it's probably kids who are responsible and they aren't gonna like Enya, Yanni, or Andreas Wollenweider !!!:rotfl:
Lesson learned.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
uh oh. i'm not sure i would've said you left your car unlocked. get ready.:lol:

that's too bad that happened.

Last edited:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
From what I've seen of the police blotters in these parts, items stolen from unlocked vehicle is the number one crime reported to the SOs. There was talk that a bunch of the local SOs were actually going to get together a while back for a campaign to get people to lock their cars while at the beach because of this problem.

Sorry you found yourself caught up in an ongoing issue, and glad to hear they didn't hit you worse.

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009
I remember crime was a nonissue before all the city folks started moving in. Oh how times have changed. I still leave my doors unlocked though, but theres always an eye in the sky.

Aggieb, i just had to tell you i dig your pups pic. Too cute!

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Oh, we'll be locking up now for sure.

It's a sad day when your personal life gets invaded and you are forced to have to lock things up. :angry:

Heck, the little town I was from back in MN, I left the keys in the ignition. Every once in a while someone needed a vehicle and would take mine and then put it back and tell me about it. I never once saw it actually gone. Those days are long gone.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Pup's pic!

Aggieb, I'm still waiting on your avatar info, myself! TOOOO cute!!!:love:
I remember crime was a nonissue before all the city folks started moving in. Oh how times have changed. I still leave my doors unlocked though, but theres always an eye in the sky.

Aggieb, i just had to tell you i dig your pups pic. Too cute!