• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Actually, he didn't hit the accelerator. See, what had happened was... He had his foot firmly planted on the brake. The accerator cable was caught between the hood and the car's body and had worn out. It then surged and the driver hit the barkes harder, but the wheels kept going.

The car would feel like it was about to stop and it would surge forward again. The driver finally slammed the gear into park, which stopped the car.

And there was someone hit. It was a man of mexican decent, who fled the scene. He was thrown into another peson who sustained a bruise to her leg. But again, the mexican exited the scene so no telling how he is. But he was hit with some force.

I was on my way to a snorkeling expedition, btw, and saw some AMAZING things out there today and might put up a video of the action tonight. AMAZING! If you like my 'Another Walk with Mike' series, you'll probably love this one.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
All things told, it could have been much worse. I'd rather the car have gone through the front door letting all the cool a/c seep out than into one of the gas pumps letting all that flammable fuel go spurting out (especially the way so many people at Tom Thumb have cigarette butts hanging out of their mouths). That would have been a flaming catastrophe!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
All things told, it could have been much worse. I'd rather the car have gone through the front door letting all the cool a/c seep out than into one of the gas pumps letting all that flammable fuel go spurting out (especially the way so many people at Tom Thumb have cigarette butts hanging out of their mouths). That would have been a flaming catastrophe!

Best I ever saw was at the Tom Thumb in Dune Allen. A guy was pumping gas into a running mini van while smoking with the kids inside. :eek:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
It really wasn't like a close call. It's just a little unsettling that I walk thru those doors a couple times a day and then to see a car in that location. Yeah, a drink sounds good...is everybody going to the tent tonite?

Something's in the air!

Just heard on our news that a huge SUV just barrelled into

"Naughty Girls Lingerie!"

:rotfl::rotfl::funn::rofl:

Now, LVT, wouldn't that one have been more funn? :yikes:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
and for the record, that looks like a Florida temporary tag so don't harp on the Canadians just yet.

OMC! So sorry that people were hurt.

Coincidentally I almost did the same thing last night at home. Didn't pull far enough into the garage to close the garage door. Had the engine running, and went from P to D. The car screached, bolted forward, and thankfully didn't hit the garage wall. :eek: